Lil' Indian 2-piece rebuild

A little update. I had noticed that my fuel pump did not seem to performing as it should. I had tapped the crankcase for the pulse line and it seemed to pump more oil than air. I decided to tap the intake and the pump now works! I used the 1/8 NPT tap and sealed it with a little JB-Weld. I then used the Dremel tool to grind the brass fitting flush with the intake on the inside. Works like a charm! If you are thinking of running a fuel pump, tap the intake. Honestly, I was trying to save a few bucks and not buy the intake AGKs sells. Take my advise and get the AGK unit.

Hey pmoore4321 that honeslty has to be the absolte nicest ever Lil indain i have ever seen.

I have a request, could you make a video of it running at a ncie speed?? with the TAV or it donest matter. I just wana see how fast that can go. please?

Liam

I will try to get a video up sometime in the future. I don't want to get the revs up too high until I replace the flywheel.

I am headed out to measure/trace the seat pattern so 8ball can make me a seat.

Also, see if I can find a pipe plug to seal the old crankcase tap.

Preston

Last edited:
I went out to the garage with the intention of touching up the paint after my wife crashed the bike. I also wanted to install my new seat Kenny made for me. I ended up getting some paint stripper and re-doing the paint.

Last edited:
Pmoore, now that it's done and the test runs are complete and you know what that bike will do, put a price tag on it, really, think about every nut and bolt you polished, or cleaned, to paint, think about what it would cost to replace every little part you put together to make the bike, put a price tag on it, tell me what you think it's worth, would $200.00 thrill you or insult you? I think you would be like me, close to $700-$800 would only be enuff to get you to sell it right?
dave

Pmoore, now that it's done and the test runs are complete and you know what that bike will do, put a price tag on it, really, think about every nut and bolt you polished, or cleaned, to paint, think about what it would cost to replace every little part you put together to make the bike, put a price tag on it, tell me what you think it's worth, would $200.00 thrill you or insult you? I think you would be like me, close to $700-$800 would only be enuff to get you to sell it right?
dave
I don't know if $200 would be insulting, but I certainly would not sell it for that. The flywheel alone was $150.

I never planned on trying to make a buck with it, I just built it for myself to cruise around on. I just got in from taking it around the block a few times.

Pleasure watching the progress

Inspiring project! :thumbsup:
I'm just getting started on a Speedway Red Baron. :hammer::grind:

Look forward to seeing it finished.

Dan - Charlotte, NC