Lil Indian - Caliper Parts??

Ok I am very new to this minibike world and have a quick question for you. I just received a Lil Indian mini bike with a small 3.5hp motor. There are no brakes on the bike but it does look like it used to have them.

The left side frame at the rear has a flat bar two hole mounting bracket. It appears the caliper was used on the same sprocket as the chain is on. There is a cable mount already there also.

My problem is I can not find a caliper to fit this application.

Any help would be great from someone who is more familiar with this setup.

Thanks.

You came to the right spot!

I bought a couple of frames with the same bracket, didn't figure it out til I bought one with the brake, just recently I bought 4 calipars, 2 were the wrong ones but the second 2 were right but they seemed to have too much material on the calipar to fit so with the magic of a stationary belt sander I ground away enuff material for it to work right, make sure that your bracket is parallel to your sprocket/rotor, sometimes you have to straighten them out, If you don't know where to buy parts look under shop tools Thread "MY FAVORITES" started by yours trulely, the guys are listing their favorite places to buy parts, and if you find some someplace not listed, let us know!!
dave

Mac

The left side frame at the rear has a flat bar two hole mounting bracket. It appears the caliper was used on the same sprocket as the chain is on. There is a cable mount already there also.

My problem is I can not find a caliper to fit this application.
QUOTE]

.....Check out ebay item number: 230271684420
They're Limptco brake calipers.
I use them on CAT minibikes,
but they should work well on the Lil' Indians also.
I tried the CTC calipers that are all over eBay,
and they didn't adapt well.

You need to cut down the two mounting bolt towers
so they're flush with the rest of the caliper housing,
and then add small bushings in the old tower locations
to allow the caliper to "float" on the sprocket.

Mac

Here's a picture of the tower removal process started.
The caliper on the right is before starting.
The left is of one tower removed.

Last edited:
You guys are awesome with all the help. Dean sent me some pics of his Lil Indian. This thing is beautiful. Here is a pic of the caliper I need if anyone has one so I can try and keep it original. If not I will try Mac's suggestions.

Mac

Ask Dean to look at the caliper and give you the model #. I'm pretty sure it's a 200M (Same as CAT), but it could be one of several others, all of which had small differences in their design.