lil indian frame info

After getting my Lil Indian frame blasted down to bare metal I can finally see the frame number! It's 14973. I'm guessing it may be the 14th day of the 9th month of 73 but that's just a guess. Anyone of you know what the numbers mean? I appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks.

After getting my Lil Indian frame blasted down to bare metal I can finally see the frame number! It's 14973. I'm guessing it may be the 14th day of the 9th month of 73 but that's just a guess. Anyone of you know what the numbers mean? I appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks.
Like to see some Pics !

bobbb

Pics of what, the number? I assume you mean the frame? What shots would be the most helpful? I have to wait for it to come back from the powder coat dude. What e-mail address do I send the pics to? Never did it before.

not sure if that's how it worked with the numbers, Mean Dean on here may be able tell you more. Mine is # 2588 and he said it was a late april 1969 model. For sure post up some pics when you get it back, use the "my photos" feature here to upload them to your account and insert the thumbnails/images to a post.

Pics of what, the number? I assume you mean the frame? What shots would be the most helpful? I have to wait for it to come back from the powder coat dude. What e-mail address do I send the pics to? Never did it before.
If you post a couple shots of the frame and forks, somebody will chime in on what they know about it. There are a few distinguishing features that will help identify it. If it's a frame after 70, the year sometimes appears by the serial number but yours sounds like it could be a later 60's. Not sure until we've seen it.

Like Dipper said, use the My Photos feature on the site. You can store a minimal amount of pictures there to share with everyone and it's not to hard to get used to. There is a how to feature on it somewhere here at the site.