Lil' Indian questions

Did all Lil' Indians have a spring in the front, or were some solid? I have identified my mini as some model of Lil' Indian that had a rear caliper, but I can't understand why the fork looks different than others I've seen. Minibike Dean thinks someone may have pulled the handlebars back for a small kid to ride it. All the paint matches and looks original. Any Indian experts out there who can tell me about this frame and fork? What year and model, maybe??? And what size tires did these come with when they had the 4" steel wheels? It has an indian head 4.00/3.50 on the frt and a larger in the back (Pictures in my Gallery) And what engines were on these when new? Are there any Lil' Indian sites I can get all this info from? I'd like to restore it.
Thanks.

You could call allied leisure corp at 248-477-0212 in Michigan.They are the guys who made lil Indians and have parts for them.Also look at minidoodle.com site for any reference to them.They made a lot of different bike from rigid to full suspension over the years.They used clintons,tecumsehs and briggs engines that i know of.