Lomart panther

In 1969 or 70 i bought a lomart panther from J.L. Hudsons store.I am the original owner and it still runs original 3.5 clinton.the frame bolts together,and has a small spring under the fork,4"tires,disk brake,it is medium green,but has blue paint under the green.and panther name is on the front plate,in the center of a black crown.I took very good care of it,and it still has original front tire.What i want to know is,was this model for J.L.Hudson?what year is it?it was the last one in that store ever! im sure it was left over from at least 1968.

Last edited:
mine was hanging from the ceiling,they had to cut it down,no others were there.it was in auto dept,at westland mall,in westland,mi.it had parts missing,clutch,throttle and cable, chain .we payed 59.95 i still have rspt

mine was hanging from the ceiling,they had to cut it down,no others were there.it was in auto dept,at westland mall,in westland,mi.it had parts missing,clutch,throttle and cable, chain .we payed 59.95 i still have rspt
That makes sense as to why it was left over then.

I think what happened, even though many of these department stores did not have certified service and parts departments for their minibikes....I recall threads where those involved spoke of store/shop employees taking parts from the existing inventory of mini bikes to help satisfy a local customer.....they knew if they ordered it, in 1969, it may take 3 to 4 weeks at best to get an order...then you've irked the customer.

Fix their throttle cable issue on the spot, the kid's happy, and the Mom and Dad are back each week spending their paychecks with you instead of complaining about the slow parts order....

So they probably did similar stuff to this one, then ended up with a mini bike that needed a few parts to be perfect.

I'd say even in 1969 you all got a great deal :thumbsup:

Show us some pic's....there are not many of us who have their childhood mini bike.... I know I wish I had mine.

Last edited:
just got it down from hanging in the garage,parts are missing that i dont remember taking off but i own the house i grew up in and the one i moved to so there here somewhere. i was a troubled kid,my dad bought this and as strange as it sounds it changed my life,i rode everyday in the woods,dad was cheap and said if i blew it up he wouldnt buy a engine for it.i changed oil weekly.im 58 and i still have my highschool car,and my first new vehicle,remember 6 sticks?i keep anything that means something to me wow i feel 13 again!