Longer carb stud. Honda Clone

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and I have been poking around and learning a lot from the forum. Great site.
I have a honda clone 212cc. I bought the air filter upgrade and I am wondering where everyone is getting the longer stud at and the length/thread?
Any help would be appreciated.

I can't get the stud to break free. Even tried running it to get the motor hot. Any other suggestions before i get out the lil torch & get it reallly hot. Thanks

I can't get the stud to break free. Even tried running it to get the motor hot. Any other suggestions before i get out the lil torch & get it reallly hot. Thanks
Shouldn't be that hard. Screw both nuts on. Use two wrenches to lock them together. Then unscrew the inner nut. If you need a little more power lock a pair of vice grips on the stud and use both the vicegrips and wrench to unscrew the stud.

The head is aluminum, I'd avoid excess heat.

Thanks for answering(and so fast) guys. :thumbsup: The 2 nut deal didn't work ether. Can never have enough tools so should get 1 anyways. If chrome ever gives back my bars i'll update my build....

IJG

Did he use vise grips at the same time?

:thumbsup:
Thanks for answering(and so fast) guys. :thumbsup: The 2 nut deal didn't work ether. Can never have enough tools so should get 1 anyways. If chrome ever gives back my bars i'll update my build....
The reply specifically said use vise grips Lower close to the head(at the same time) as the wrench on the locked inner nut!
I'm about to try this !wish me luck'
Vise Grips & 2 locked Nuts WORKED !
Vise Grips Must be placed on kinda tight to work Properly !!

Last edited:
My newer predator I couldn't break the left stud loose. No matter how tight I got the double nuts they'd still screw off the stud. A pair of medium curved jaw vice grips down low along with the nuts broke it loose. I think it's the length of the stud that causes the problem. It will twist and absorb the torque. Going down low takes the flex out of the stud.