Look what cost me $20!!!!!!

So i met up with a fellow member in my area (agression/john){ <--Great guy!!! } and i showed him some of my part hunting places. He was looking for some arco parts and i knew of a couple places that may have some oem stuff. If you live in the metro ATL area there's a place in Acworth called Aclworth Cycles. Usually some good finds there mini bike related. I brought him there and a place called J&R Cycles in Marietta which isn't the greatest mini place but guys got a junkyard of stuff in his basement and when you're "trying to make it work" it's a good place to go. Anyways, got to the cycle shop in Acworth and the owner was being a SERIOUS :censure:!!! Before we had even said word 1 the man threatened to shoot us! NO LIE!!! He then told us that if we wanted any used parts (which he has more than 10.000 sq ft full of) that we "should just get the :censure: out." He was tired of guys trying to haggle with him for all the frames, axles, wheels, engines, etc that his side yards are full of. He told us that if we wanted anything in those yards we could come back after he's finishing crushing it. Then told us that if we agreed to pay $100 we could go look through his yard. At this point, I was kinda embarrassed that i took a guy I've never met to THIS place. We had kinda peeked at the yard through the fence and John had seen a frame worth looking at and Mike (Owner/:censure:) told us we could look at his yard but anything we wanted to buy would have to be at least $100. So we looked and found 2 frames but they were in such horrible rusty condition that going to a metal wholesaler and creating something from scratch would be almost the same process needed to get these going. so as we were trying to leave (in a hurry), and next door to this place is a auto restoration place and in there side yard i saw something VERY interesting. Talked to the guy that owned it and now it's in my garage. $20!!!!!! Bartender's Honor!!!!

Now it will need to work to get rolling, Especially as far as the rear sway bar goes. I think I'm chopping that and fabbing something from scratch. Lesson learned: There are gonna be really bad times, but always keep looking!

that bike has alot of potential.

20 dollar starting point,can‘t go wrong.. that thing is gonna be sweet. i got your sprocket..think i willl use that lightweight sprocket. seeing that box of calipers got me thinking big stopping power.. gonna need a db30 back rim.if my idea works,you can have my rear setup for the sears.. hit me up...:thumbsup:

John, Got your pm about mon and tues. Let's get together fo sho! There's another guy who got a hold of me from the forum who's local. I'll see if he's down as well. Also i might be getting a truck for a day to help transport everything. TTYL! Oh and john :"Watch my back. I'll go in and lift a frame up so you can see it. Yell if he's coming. I don't want to get shot for a mini bike." :scared:

for sure..

i really liked that huge box of huge calipers,but i think the next picker to come along is gonna find us in that side yard.. lol.... i am gonna try and call them later. want one of those,maybe i will call the other spot first,guy was cool..

Yeah and you know he'll sell you the shirt off his back. Dude wants to get rid of anything you'd want to buy. I'm actually trying to plan my rear swing arm set up for this new guy. Also figuring out what i need to make the other bike rolling for my wifey.