lookin for a carb.adaptor for 24 mm mikuni

I remember one the the members saying they had extra adaptors for sale that I could modify to install the mikuni 24 mm,carb to the clone engine??

thanx let me know

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I have a few Animal intakes. They are also called adapters. They should work for your carb.

BUT!!! does your carb bolt on? Or does it need a rubber hose and clamp?

I have a few Animal intakes. They are also called adapters. They should work for your carb.

BUT!!! does your carb bolt on? Or does it need a rubber hose and clamp?
well
have not got the carb.yet I am shopping for one,22mm,if I can find one reasonable... they say the 24 mm. are to big,for what I need,but I like the price $30.00,shipped on ebay..

do u have any input on 22 vs 24 mm, for a 6.5 clone ,header,18 # springs,no gov..that's it

thanx MD

oh,allmost forgot,All the carbs iv seen,are 1.7/8 on center bolt on..

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Well the 22mm will be easier to deal with being that your motor is so mild. The briggs Animal comes with a 22mm carb and makes 8hp stock running pump gas, and with a slightly modified motor can make 12hp on alky.
I only ask about the 24mm carb because some are rubber boot mounted. The flatslide versions usually. If it bolts on, then it's the same as the rest.

Well the 22mm will be easier to deal with being that your motor is so mild. The briggs Animal comes with a 22mm carb and makes 8hp stock running pump gas, and with a slightly modified motor can make 12hp on alky.
I only ask about the 24mm carb because some are rubber boot mounted. The flatslide versions usually. If it bolts on, then it's the same as the rest.
It is a bolt on I just rechecked
so if I go with a 22 will they also be bolt on or are they the band ??
is yours w/o pulse

thanx

Yes it's without the pulse fitting.
Yes the 22mm carb should bolt on, just look at the back of the carb before you buy it.

DB
let me know what the price is,for part and shipping to RI,02911,when u get a chance no hurry!
let me know if ya got a filter, used is ok,if it's not busted up??

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I only have the little black intakes only. $10 plus $5 for shipping
But you can also buy them from many other places for the same price.

125ccCrazy

Don't the animal intakes put the mikuni carbs on a wierd tilted angle or is that only when using a mikuni on an animal???? The animal carbs have an offset bolt pattern where the mikuni is straight across..

I'd get the carb off ebay, they can be found for around $30-$35 shipped usually....

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Don't the animal intakes put the mikuni carbs on a wierd tilted angle or is that only when using a mikuni on an animal???? The animal carbs have an offset bolt pattern where the mikuni is straight across..

I'd get the carb off ebay, they can be found for around $30-$35 shipped usually....
The Animal intake has a slotted hole on one side so the carb can be turned to the way you want it to mount. It was made this way for extra tire clearance if you need it.

125ccCrazy

The Animal intake has a slotted hole on one side so the carb can be turned to the way you want it to mount. It was made this way for extra tire clearance if you need it.
I was wondering as I seen a few bikes, one or two in your pics where the carb was tilted really bad to the side almost like the engine should have been mounted on a 15 or 20 degree mount so the carb would be level..

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I was wondering as I seen a few bikes, one or two in your pics where the carb was tilted really bad to the side almost like the engine should have been mounted on a 15 or 20 degree mount so the carb would be level..
Yeah but a lot of people mount there own carbs and just set it up anyway they can get the bike running the fastest.

I just ordered a 22mm with manifold with pulse, I also got the medium weight valve springs. and a pump, I have not yet ordered a filter, I think I can find a nice durable springy uni filter at a dirt bike shop. Only question I have is will the filter that comes fits on the AGK adaptor for the stock carb fit on a mikuni 22? that is why I didnt order the filter, that and I wann look for a pod filter or find a hotrod velocity stack. I also havent came across a stack yet either. (not one just to mount a filter, A big offensive looking airhorn style with a screen)

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I just ordered a 22mm with manifold with pulse, I also got the medium weight valve springs. and a pump, I have not yet ordered a filter, I think I can find a nice durable springy uni filter at a dirt bike shop. Only question I have is will the filter that comes fits on the AGK adaptor for the stock carb fit on a mikuni 22? that is why I didnt order the filter, that and I wann look for a pod filter or find a hotrod velocity stack. I also havent came across a stack yet either. (not one just to mount a filter, A big offensive looking airhorn style with a screen)
You have to measure it, then search on ebay.
I have seen some of those real nice looking air horns. They are pretty expensive, maybe more than the cost of the carb.

I have been considering a mini lathe or 3 in 1 tool lately because I could make stuff like velocity stacks or custom filters exactly how I want them instead of scouring the net for a product someone else has made.

It would be expensive at first but after I make a few things it will have payed for itself