Major Seat Problem Pics Included Scat Cat

Redoing my Scat Cat. I am down to seat and throttle and brake cable. I have noticed my seat mounts seemed loose when I bought the project. But tonight I took apart the seat and found major problems. The metal seat pan is shattered and in pieces. Help. Anyone got a seat that might work or have ideas how to modify a different one to work on this bike? Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
You might be able to use the old pan to make a pattern for a new pan out of card board then trasfer to new sheet metal pan after you cut it out you could put an round edge on the bottom outside edge with tubing or steel rod and salvage the old mounting brackets to weld to the new pan good luck

I thinking of just getting a new seat with a good wood bottom. then use some angle iron to make new metal mounts. I don't have a welder. :hammer:

If your brackets are good you could cut out a base out of good plywood not the cdx roofing stuff you need treated or marine for water resistance would be bestmount the old brackets to the bottom with bolts and the large washers with the small holes called fender washers so called because the fenders on old cars had large bolt holes so you could move them around to line them up :thumbsup: