Manco steaker 4hp robin governor removal. HELP

The screw that prevents the throttle arm from going in all the way is removed. It goes up to speed fast then kinda stay flat with mid rpms and every now and then a burst of high rpm. How do i remove the governor on a manco streaker robin 4hp. Pictures will help.

toomanytoys

Read how a governor works. The engine, slight load running down the road at max rpm 3600. Maybe this is half throttle on the carb even though you have your twist throttle wide open. You hit an increase in grade. Needs more to stay at 3600 rpm so it automatically opens the throttlw more, satifies its self to 3600 rpm and regulates back down or up as needed to never run more than 3600 rpm.

Removing your governor will allow you to control how fast your engine spins. Things will physocally limit this such as valves ect. There is a danger in this, a big one. That engine was designed to handle 3600 rpm. Every bit over that adds stress to each component that it wasnt designed to handle. Huge scary failures with flying chunks of steel can result. I dont know about you, but I know im straddling a possible gernade and the body parts above and beside the motor ar very important to me.

I know what you are feeling when ridinf your bike, take off wide open bikes pulling and accelerating then its like you hit a wall. Flat rpms no more acceleration. This is normal. Best way to fifure out if you are hitting your peak rpm is to use a speed calculator. Figure out how many mph you should hit at 3600 rpmget your handy dandy gps speedometer app out and check your speed. If you are hitting your target + or - 2 mph you are good.

Last edited: