MB165 handle bar bracket?

I am looking to buy a used MB165 with broken handle bar bracket, so that part
needs to be replaced.

I noticed the newer bikes have a one piece plate that is the top of the handle
bar bracket. Is the spacing the same for the new top plate handle bar bracket,
will it fit the older MB165 that have 2 handle bar brackets?

Thanks for any comments. :)

joekd

When you say handle bar bracket are you talking about the bar mounts? The piece with the 4 allen head screws? Which piece is broken, the top slab or the bottom tree piece?

Hello joekd, thanks for reply. The alum bracket that clamps the handle bars to the top the front fork assembly. On this bike, it is not a bar slab, but is approx 1.25" wide with the 2 allen head bolts that clamp it together holding the handle bar. There are 2 of these, one on each side of the handle bars.

I think the whole assemble top and bottom is broken on one side. :shrug:

I should just go to Tractor Supply and measure the new one and check it against the one I am thinking about buying. Just thought someone would know off hand, cause it will require a bit of driving to check it out.

joekd, thanks for pics. I will just have to go measure to be sure. Checking prices, looks like will be approx $80 plus shipping for the parts from MonsterScooters. Site says parts compatible with MB165 and MB200, so must be interchangeable. What year are your MB's. One I am looking at must be 5 or 6 years old. I see a lot like it around here, usually an ugly green color.