mikuni vm22 too hi idle

Just installed mikuni and billet intake to my honda clone and it idles so high that the clutch engages. I think its not air leak because i sprayed some gasoline over the manifold and nothing, the idle screw it allway back.:confused:

Just installed mikuni and billet intake to my honda clone and it idles so high that the clutch engages. I think its not air leak because i sprayed some gasoline over the manifold and nothing, the idle screw it allway back.:confused:
You have idle air screw on the bottom of the carburetor. I set mine maybe two turns out. It doesn't do much I think.

Then you have Philips head mechanical setting screw on the side. That is to adjust how high or low the slide sits. (Mechanical idle) Screw out to lower idle.

If you have adjusted those, maybe your throttle cable tension is too tight, and keeping the slide up too high.

You have idle air screw on the bottom of the carburetor. I set mine maybe two turns out. It doesn't do much I think.

Then you have Philips head mechanical setting screw on the side. That is to adjust how high or low the slide sits. (Mechanical idle) Screw out to lower idle.

If you have adjusted those, maybe your throttle cable tension is too tight, and keeping the slide up too high.
What Dave said , had the same problem and my cable was tight and holding up the slide .