Military Flatbed quad on my Local Craigslist

I thought I would pass this on to you folks here, as I cannot afford it- BUT I WOULD LOVE to get my hands on this......

If someone's interested in this, let me know if I can help.

Military Vehicle #M24 A5

Sometimes referred to as a "Mule" this is a full time four wheel drive, ½ ton rated, utility vehicle. These machines were typically used as ammunition carriers in Viet Nam. We've had two of these machines for at least 15 years and now we're selling one of them. Mules are great vehicles for elk hunting, deer hunting or working around the farm. They will go just about anywhere and we've never seen them get stuck in the mud. If you're a collector of military vehicles or you need a specialized or unique ATV for work or play this is the perfect machine. It has High/Low range with three forward gears and reverse, 17HP gasoline engine, all aluminum frame and body with a center mount access for your 50cal, M60 or 40mm canon (if you live in a bad part of town). This Mule has a dent on the gas tank and could use a new paint job, but it runs good, has high ground clearance, forges deep water and all parts are still available if you're planning to do a full restore or need spares. We just put a brand new seat on it, the tires hold air, but are old, cracked and will eventually need replaced. The ride is a little rough because of the solid suspension and the turning radius is quite large, but it will get you where you're going. We have the original side-rails and they will be included with the Mule.
Now, consider this. . . you're going to need some muscles to operate this machine. This thing is all original and doesn't have power steering or electric start. The engine starts via "pull-start" like a lawn mower or you can "roll-start" it, if you had the foresight to park it on a hill. There is a conversion kit available to make it an electric start, which you'll probably want to consider because it really sucks if the engine doesn't crank up in the first couple of pulls.
It's been sitting for a while, so you'll want to go through the oils and lubricants before you put it to work, but it will start right up and you can drive it around if you're interested. We have copies of the parts/maintenance manuals and we will make you a copy to go with the machine when you take it home. We've actually loaded this mule in the back of a full size pickup, but it's a tight squeeze. . . best to bring a trailer when you come get it. If you have any questions call Russ at (505)269-four-nine-three-eight.
***Don't bother sending a text message because I'm old and I don't know how to reply back***
This Mule is in Belen, NM, Cash only, no trades or payments. Thanks for looking.

We had those in the service and they were a blast in the field. Those things would go almost any where that they could fit.
Price seems a little high but it is a great playtoy. :thumbsup:

Valocalrep

This would be a great Mini Hauler lol load them and a few friends up on the back, go for a little ride then take the minis off and go for a fast ride. :scooter:

Yeah, seems steep. I'm sure he could be haggled a little bit- but If I had the cash on hand I'd certainly buy it. I think the key component is the all time 4x4 drive train- looks to be much like a miniture unimog- I'd assume these are very hard to come by and I'd love to scratch-build a vehicle around it.

I wish one of you guys would buy it so I could quit daydreaming over it and get on with my life.

10-4, I did find them once I knew what to look for- looks like they run around $6,000 to $14,000- I was hoping you could find them all day long for something less than the $2,800 this guy is asking.

I have run across a few cheaper but they need a lot of work and parts. If you really want one keep looking,one will turn up that will fit what you are willing to pay you just mite need to make some compromises.

I drove down and looked at the Mule. It will run and needs lots of TLC and the gas tank repaired. It has little rust. Tire are dry rotted and need to go. The price is not too bad for a running Mule.