Mini baja 5.5 mod mess up

Ok so today I took the govener out of my bike and then put it back together and now it won't start. I don't know what I did. When I tried to start it it was making this putting noise that seemed to be coming from the filter or carb. So I took off the filter and tried to start it. The air gas mixture came out where the filter goes instead of going into the engine. Any ideas of what the problem could be?

buckeye

My guess is you don't.have your cam right. Are the dots lined up.
If someone comes after me and says the right thing, then disregard my newness. Just sounds like your intake valve is not opening when it should.

Ummm could you make it a little simpler for me? I'm new to this. Is the cam the gears inside the engine? I forgot to note that the gear on the right when you take apart the engine fell out. I put it back in but maybe I did it wrong.

buckeye

There should be a mark that lines up with a mark. There is a couple good youtube vids about the gov. Don't tear it apart yet. Someone may know more about this than I.

All good info. Basically there should be a dot on one gear and a dot on the larger gear that will line up when the piston is at TDC ( top dead center )

Definitely sounds like your issue. Fix that and I bet your back in business before you know it.

Thanks everyone. I got a little worried since I haven't done this type of modification before. I'll take it apart again when I get home. I'm ashamed to admit that I'm in my automotive tech college class right now :laugh: