Mini Bobber??

Ratbike

Kickstand ended up too short so I drilled and tapped the end. Found an old allen bolt in my folgers can of misc. bolts and nuts and a lock nut so it will be adjustable, screwed it up in and worked out perfect. Was going to weld it on but I already painted it...LOL!!!...:shrug::shrug:

Ratbike

Back to my clearance issue.... Oh yes some "custom mods"... After making sure it would be an issue with the rocker arms of course...:laugh::laugh: Worked out fine.:thumbsup::scooter::scooter:

Ratbike

After building 66 minis in the past few years I have learned to be sure to be safe with that first start up and NEVER have the chain on when doing so...Did this and everything worked as it should, throttle cable spring working fine, brakes, kill switch lines and throttle cables tied up nicely etc... So i put the chain on pulled the motor foreward to tighten it up and it looks like we are good to go... Start it as i am standing over it and HOLY ....!!! :eek:hmy::eek:hmy: It takes off full throttle!!! In my garage with the doors all shut and my motorcycles and '64 El Camino !!! Hung on to it with my left hand, on the left handle grip as it wheelies and begins to bounce on the back tire as I spin in circles just trying to hang on to it with only my left hand!!! Each time it bounces on the back tire it thrusts away from me and goes into a spin around me!! Panic, then, better be calm, and figure how I am going to get to the kill switch as I spin out off control in circles. I stand clear of the chain and wheel...which really wasn't to hard as its bouncing away from me anyway. I grab the frame on the right side under the seat on an awkward bounce and lift... rear tire off the ground now...hit kill...party over.:doah:

Ratbike

Thinking ...what happened ??:doah: After pulling off the air cleaner I saw the plastic throttle cable casing had pulled away from the metal end. Realized that I tied up the throttle cable on the rear frame directly behind the carb and when I tightened the chain by moving the motor forward it pulled the plastic casing out of the metal end on the throttle hold and thus pulling open the throttle...

This being my second mishap out of 66 builds, not too bad I guess...:shrug:

Moral of the story... be sure there is room for play in the throttle cable and tie it up last!!!

Makes a great story :laugh::laugh: But my point remains... be safe!! More pics to come!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gotta be honest I had a good laugh ( by myself I might ad) after it was all over...live and learn!!!:laugh::laugh:
You can laugh because you didn't slam it into the Elky! :thumbsup:

I learned a similar lesson, and now start all of these things with them aimed out the garage door.

Good to see you sticking with the builds rats...:thumbsup:

I've had a couple of bikes get away from me before also, not fun:doah: I now double check all of the throttle connections because of my previous stupidity:laugh: