Mini Chopper SUNL 49cc No Spark

z28bill

Picked up a SUNL 49cc 2 Stroke Mini Chopper not running for $149. Looks like the bike never ran spark plug brand new. plastic still covering seat and some other parts. The bike has electric start and and pull start.
Let me tell what I have done so far and maybe somebody can chime in with some suggestions. Replaced solenoid and carb, smeone got into the carb and made a mess of it, new battery.
Took the covers off of engine and found that someone had messed with magneto, wire pulled off ( + ). So resoldered wire on. Checked all other electrical connections seem all right.
The engine will crank with electric start but no spark, same with pull start. So I am figuring it has to be the magneto, but before I go and replace it, I would see if anyone could shed some light on this.
:confused:

The wire you soldered on, take it back off, see if you get spark then, it could be a kill switch hook up, need pics to go any further.
dave

z28bill

The wires appear to be the lead to plug wire. But I will go over them again and pay closer attention to where they all lead. As I remember it two wires attached to magneto red and green which went to plug wire, one ground strap to engine case.

Normally the ground wire is used to kill ignition. Did it originally go to a switch? Might try disconnecting it and checking for spark.

Here's a wire diagram for a 2 stroke, chinese I think. Maybe it will help you out.

Your wire colors and accessories might be different, but the ignition aspect should be the same.

Last edited: