Model T "Tin Lizzie"

Well i got my 23 Model T "Tin Lizzie". It was under a tarp on a pallet behind a street rod builders shop. It is in pieces due to him going to restore it for his grandson. I think this will get the body black w/red fenders and chrome wheels? Street rod look........

I got a 5hp briggs with it also.
If anyone knows the way to figure date for motor then here is the numbers.
(132232-0038 01-02012127)

All for 1 bill..............

Last edited:

vette66_00

Its sweet. I remember my next door neighbor was a Shriner and he had one of those. It was a fun little machine the one time I got to ride on it. Kinda worked like a Trimmer mower.

delray

i like to take a kids size model T truck body with a set of snowblower tracks and make something like this for my kid when he gets old enough.:thumbsup:
from the show Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town

vette66_00

Building a Model T (tin Lizzy) seems to be easier that making a frame for a minibike. May not look exactly like the original one but would be real close.

I still have access to the one I sold. It's now 40 miles away but I get that way twice a month, if you need some pics let me know and of what particular parts.

I need pictures of how the drive is hooked up top the motor for sure.......
It's belt driven and on the one I had it was offset to allow the reverse disc to contact the shaft, weird setup and it ate up belts. It has guides and guards but it's old and was neglected, I got it working but had to line up the pulleys. Making reverse useless. Some kind of riding mower transaxle as far as I can tell, that or it was made for these machines. I'll get detailed photos in a week to ten days, best I can do given my neighbor took it to his folks place in the country. I wont forget about ya though!:thumbsup:

updated pic

Mine is what appears to be all there just not bolted together. It dont have motor on it nor do i have the oem motor. I will post a pic in a bit.

(This pic contains no bolts)Lol

Last edited:
There were a couple of builders of these. 2 different drive systems. 1 used a horizontal shaft motor. The other a vertical shaft.

This model T uses a vertical shaft. Has a forward/reverse gear box in it.

I also have a Stutz Bulldog that uses the other drive system...I'll have to find some pics, or take some.

There were a couple of builders of these. 2 different drive systems. 1 used a horizontal shaft motor. The other a vertical shaft.

This model T uses a vertical shaft. Has a forward/reverse gear box in it.

I also have a Stutz Bulldog that uses the other drive system...I'll have to find some pics, or take some.

How big are the wheels and tires on the one in picture? They look pretty big compared to mine. Mine has 16in tall tires on (wood) spoked rims.

Model T

Well for a update to all, The model t is in minnesota now waiting to go to its new home.... I decided it was gonna be too much work for what i wanted to do to it. So its being traded for another trike.

I am looking for an old parade Shriner type Tin Lizzy kart hopefully somewhere in Florida So I can pick it up without having to drive to the midwest in the snow. Looking for old Tin Lizzy, made by Sharp Mini, McColough, Crue- Cut -need not be running, looking for project. Photos greatly appreciated.
Any and all info appreciated in tracking down one of these. Thanks. Contact M.A. Denemark at: mdenemark@cfl.rr.com