Modifying Doodlebug with Predator!

Hello! I am new here but I have been on this site many times just now made a profile. So I have a 2011 new style doodlebug and I plan to do the predator engine swap in the near future as I have had the bike for over a year (bought it new) and I'm a little bored with the stock engine. I know I need a clutch, chain, and all the required hardware. Not sure if there are any key things when putting one of these engines in/anything out of the ordinary to be aware of during installation? so any helpful tips on that would be great:thumbsup:
thanks!

Welcome to the forums. There are lots of threads pertaining to your inquiries. Do some looking/searching in this section. You'll learn a lot on the way.

I believe I read somewhere that on the new style frame, the rear fender mount either needs to be cut off or bent to clear the Predy. Other than that just the clutch and bolts to mount the engine. Just drill your own slots, save money and skip the mounting plate. Assuming the new style DBs also have a #35 chain, you can probably get away with just removing a link or two instead of buying a whole new chain.

Thanks guys!

Thanks for the help guys, I'm gonna go with just drilling the holes instead of the plate. For everything else involved, I hope to be able to order everyhting and get the engine next weekend. just waiting for payday at work:doah: