Montgomery Ward mega bike. HUGE!

Hang on folks, I'm gonna try to post pictures on Wednesday 7-30 of my Montgomery Ward "mini" bike. This thing is nuts! It's bigger than a Super Bronc. It has big baloon tires, 7hp Tecumseh, torque converter, headlight and taillight. I'm gonna need some help from you guys though cuz it's got a band brake on the back that can't possibly stop it. I'm thinking about a hydraulic disc setup on the front. Any suggestions? Also my carb won't stop pissing all over the place (I've already changed the needle and seat) and I'm looking for a replacement. Is this carb unique to this 7hp motor or can I put on a carb from a 5hp? Where can I get a new carb? I'll get pictures up A.S.A.P. Tim.

Sorry guys no pictures yet. I'll have them up on or before the weekend for sure. There is a sticker on the top of the forks (plate) that says T777. There is also an i.d. tag behind the fork plate that says Model ZCQ-13999A. I haven't found any other clues as to who actually built it for Montgomery Wards. It appears to be a bit taller and longer than the Cheetah bike that GTO posted. The seat is 32" high, the axles are 51" apart, and it wears 21x12-8 Carlisle baloon tires. As if I don't like it enough already, the T777 sticker has the big Montgomery WARD logo on it. My grandfather was an artist and worked for Wards for thirty years. He designed that logo that the company used forever.

Sorry guys no pictures yet. I'll have them up on or before the weekend for sure. There is a sticker on the top of the forks (plate) that says T777. There is also an i.d. tag behind the fork plate that says Model ZCQ-13999A. I haven't found any other clues as to who actually built it for Montgomery Wards. It appears to be a bit taller and longer than the Cheetah bike that GTO posted. The seat is 32" high, the axles are 51" apart, and it wears 21x12-8 Carlisle baloon tires. As if I don't like it enough already, the T777 sticker has the big Montgomery WARD logo on it. My grandfather was an artist and worked for Wards for thirty years. He designed that logo that the company used forever.
Cool! Sounds huge! Need pic's now!

jeep4me

I saw one of those at the show in Ann Arbor this spring. The guy who was selling next to us had it for sale. That bike is HUGE. I have an El Burro Super 8 and it's even bigger than that. I wish now that I would have bought it. I could have picked it up for around $300. He later sold it on Ebay for over $500.

Very nice bike.

Everything that Central States Tool & Die made was built big and highly engineered. That is one real nice maxi bike . Too big to be called a mini bike.
The Red two speed gear box bike I am working on is big too. The rear wheel , bolt on hub,tire ,70 tooth 40 chain sprocket and 6 inch brake weighed 31 pounds.
Steve :scooter:

I saw one of those at the show in Ann Arbor this spring. The guy who was selling next to us had it for sale. That bike is HUGE. I have an El Burro Super 8 and it's even bigger than that. I wish now that I would have bought it. I could have picked it up for around $300. He later sold it on Ebay for over $500.

Very nice bike.
This is probably the very bike you saw in Ann Arbor. I bought it off e-bay, and the guy I got it from lived in Detroit. He also mentioned he had it for sale at a show but didn't get a high enough offer.