montgomery ward minibike brake parts wanted

i need brake band and linkage parts plus cable for wards minibike model #GIL 13987A i am just now starting to get into minibikes and need help with fixing up mine it runs and i can ride it but no brakes. it has the brake hub and old band on it but the band is in bad shape and no linkage rod or cable or lever on it. also it has a shaft with sprockets that changes the chain from the left side to the right side is this called a jack shaft ? i dont need it just wanted to know what it is called. can i get a book on it and how to get parts? . also the clutch seems to be engaged all the time even at idle i hav'nt worked on it yet, will a cleaning fix it or will i need a new one what is the best clutch for it? can someone help me or point me in the right direction i am new to this forum aaronjohnston@marktwain.net p.s. will the parts in the northern parts catalog fit it as to the brake band and drum kit they offer and clutchs ? thanks

1stlegendtx

Post some pictures of what you have. The Northern stuff is a little high priced and I think the band brake they sell is not good. There are a lot of nice Wards bikes on here. Do a search for Wards and you should get a lot to look at.:thumbsup: