More ???

Front sprocket = maxtorque 13 tooth
Rear Drive = 45 tooth
No Jack
No Idler
3hp Briggs stock
4.10x3.50x6

Question....I want this bike to have good lowend torgue for my 9 year old...ya know to kind of give her that OH sh@@t feeling without haveing her go to Gawd afful fast....think this setup will work...

PS...I can always adjust the governer if needed.

delray

your answer is no:doah:
poorboy, you might want to go to a 72t sprocket for the rear. works real good for my stepson minibike and he is running a 3hp tecumseh. with just a clutch set up, the bike will take off just fine and the top end won't be to fast for her:thumbsup:

Don't know yet...have to figure that out tonight when I get home....:confused:

So, lets say its a 35 chain....what will this contracption end up doing....no low end and tons of top end????

Ok, so the bearings are shot and are some odball flanged variety, the tires are shot, the rear sprocket is not the right size, now the front sprocket needs to be changed...

What chain size should I use?
Should I find a vendor that does wheel and tire packages?
Does anyone want to buy this forkin thing?

You're suppose to encourage me....I don't want to sell it:smile:

What should I do for wheels....you know anyone online that I should go to?

george3

the clutch sprocket is fine. 12-13 ok. the rear sprocket change to a 72 tooth. you need to show some pics. so people can guide you. 12 tooth clutch and 72 tooth sprocket is the standard 6-1 ratio. 13 tooth on clutch is ok also. thats if you are running #35 chain and sprocket package.

It make a difference overall though. A 72 tooth #40/41 sprocket would be way bigger than the rear tire. If you're running a 40/41, you would probably need a jackshaft for enough gear reduction, so you could use a sprocket small enough as to not cause a problem with cornering.

delray

big differents in sprocket size from a #35 chain to a 40/41 chain.
here in the picture you can see a silver color sprocket and a black sprocket under it.
silver unit is a #35 with 65t sprocket and the black one is a 60t sprocket for a 40/41 chain and the tire is the same size he would be using in is project. now if he had a 72t sprocket in a 40/41 chain it would be to big for the tire.:doah:
maybe this can help little more on sprocket size..............:scooter:

thanks guys...I checked the drive sprocket and its a maxtourque 13 tooth #35. The rear sproket is a 45 tooth #41...so the rear wheel and it's shot bearings will not be going back on this bike.

I'll get some pics of the rear and front for Randy who said he might be interested. This is not the original engine for this Atlas bike so that explains the mismatched sprocket sizes...

So, I'll need a new 6" wheel, tire, 5/8" hub, sprocket assembly for my little Atlas...Any ideas on what I should use to keep it as true to the original as possible?

the old hub has like 5 or 6 bolts and the sprocket is held on by 4 bolts in a strange "close X" pattern. I'll shoot some pics tonight and get them posted tomorrow.

Two holes close together and two far apart?? if it is it's probably the same pattern as lawnmower differentials. They were a mower company.

I'll be you are correct.

So I'm looking at hubs and wheels and the hub coming out of this bike is 6 5/8 overall. the new hub I'm looking at comes in at 5" overall...I don't want to use washers to take up the slack between the wheels...what does everyone else use....spaceres or lock collars?

You should use spacers, not washers or collars.

Sorry.....I wasn't trying to discourage you. Don't get frustrated, it's not always easy to find the right combo of parts, unless you happen to have all the original parts. Even then finding exact replacements can be tough.