Motor to Loud !

Hello. Yes you read the title correctly. The so called Raptor I bought sounds great to me! unfortunately the neighbors don't think so. Had the police over here the other day. What I have on it is a header 16 inches long curved at the end. What I want to do is perhaps put a straight header pipe on and a free flowing muffler on the end. I don't want to interrupt the power curve to much with restrictions of a stock muffler. However want to be able to hear it just not to load for law enforcement to be knocking on my door. I'm sure you can dig it. So that's where I'm at and if someone has a place I can go (watch it) for some selection of where to go with part numbers that would be great! :helpsmilie: Regards, Dennis

Loud

I was thinking the # KPCM OldMiniBikes warehouse number. With a straight header pipe ? Or will this give me the same thing. I want to wrap the header pipe to keep the carb cool. That way I can keep the air/fuel charge cool for a better reaction in the cylinder? What do you think? Anyone else, put in your 2 cents......:confused:

Thanks so far

That makes cense......one other problem. Well not really a problem but I am going to have to buy a straight header anyway. The reason being this header and my frame are not to friendly :lol: . The bend on the tube is blowing right on the frame it's maybe a 1/4 inch from the tube. Nuts. Found out after of course I put the motor on. So looks like I will hit OldMiniBikes for a straight pipe. Do you happen to have a part number for the muffler we are talking about? It won't have a restriction problem? Or, does it even matter? I used to build muscle cars before I retired. :clap: Sorry I got in a hurry and didn't read your entire post. I seem to do that a lot lately. (censored)

Last edited:

Fisher1983

The Briggs bullet muffler sounds good and isn't very restrictive at all. For a unique option, like I had on my old motor, go to eBay and order the pit bike muffler from redcircle. Its basically a glass pack. Minimal restriction and a nice mellow tone when cruising. When you open it up though, has a nice glasspacky sound that sounds great!

Ya I seen it read it was sold. Good for him, (buyer) Not to good for me. I seen other mufflers in the reply's. can't seem to find any of them. That pit bike muffler from red circle sounds good. I'll be damned if I can find it :shrug:

Hello. Yes you read the title correctly. The so called Raptor I bought sounds great to me! unfortunately the neighbors don't think so. Had the police over here the other day. What I have on it is a header 16 inches long curved at the end. What I want to do is perhaps put a straight header pipe on and a free flowing muffler on the end. I don't want to interrupt the power curve to much with restrictions of a stock muffler. However want to be able to hear it just not to load for law enforcement to be knocking on my door. I'm sure you can dig it. So that's where I'm at and if someone has a place I can go (watch it) for some selection of where to go with part numbers that would be great! :helpsmilie: Regards, Dennis
If you have already pissed them off to the point that they are calling the police, it will not make a bit of difference what muffler you put on there even if it is quieter. They are now on a "short fuse" and if they hear your bike AT ALL they will be calling the cops. You need to find another place to ride.
Michael

125ccCrazy

I have made some mufflers using a small block Chevy chrome oil fill tube, a Harley drag baffle (1.5") and an RLV 1 5/16 clamp... it doesn't make it as quiet as a stock muffler but it knocks the noise down some.. Cut 4 slots on the small end about an inch long at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock positions...

It probably couldn't hurt for you to just to try talking to your neighbors first & apologize for the bike being too loud.

You wouldn't believe how well some people respond to that kind of gesture.