Mr Goat did his job

WLB

My son got this deer just after sunset and by the time we got to it and loaded on Mr Goat it was pitch black. He carried it about 1/2 mile back to the car like he was riding by himself. We have done it before but it is no fun gutting a deer in the dark by flashlight. The Harbor Freight LED bike light we had on Mr Goat gets a big thumbs up. Battery powered, two minutes to install and probably brighter than anything you can run off of a flywheel. I didn't see a single deer. Did see 15 to 20 turkeys, several nice sized red squirrels, and a bunch of blue jays an cardinals. Wore me out, but a great day.

My little Jack Russell would like living where you go hunting all I have to do is say Squirrel and he barks and barks but he would ruin tour hunting for sure.
Mr. Odie

WLB

Thanks ole4.

Steve, he wouldn't ruin my hunting. I came home empty handed anyway:laugh::laugh:

Thanks Tom, Mr goat has earned his keep so many times I consider it one of my most useful tools.

cool

today was opening day of rifle season up here.i don't hunt but was outside all day and never even heard 1 shot.
between all the wolves and the last 2 harsh winters, not many deer left

I was talking to a friend from Goldendale, Washington yesrerday and he lives right down town and has 7 or 8 deer around his house that he feeds and he said they are all over the town. Last time the town made the news was when they had hundreds of skunks. I fed some when I lived there but I was in the woods 5 miles from town.
Steve

They were made for just that purpose if I'm not mistaken, I passed up a chance to buy one with the original climb away clutch setup with a late model HM100 for a song because I had too many projects and I kick myself still for not giving the guy $250 for it. I'll not make that mistake again.

WLB

Thanks Yoop. I think the deer herd is way down here also. Our game cameras caught a doe and two different bucks but of all the times I have been to the farms this year I only saw one deer. Normally I will see a deer or two on every trip either on our farms, crossing the road near the farms, or on a neighbor's farm. When we got there we heard Coyotes chasing something and then what I'm sure was the final scream of a deer. Normally opening day sounds like a war zone with well over 100 shots. Last two years I'd guess 30 at most. Indiana's new doe only season hasn't helped either. Insurance companies pushed for that one.

Outlaw, Mr Goat is the bike I built two years ago. We also have a Tote Gote but it won't pull a third of what Mr Goat will. That may be because the previous owner put a Honda GS 5 hp engine on it.

Thanks Tom. Still running strong. My son keeps saying I should have broken a chain by now with all the things we have drug and pulled.

WrenchDad

That's cool to see people using those for work and fun (especially at the same time). I worked for a contractor for a little while who had an old beat up gote , he used it to haul shingles by the bundle and brick or block. Any time the weather was bad and the trucks couldnt unload close to the house because of mud, He always drove the gote and we had to walk through the mud with what ever we could carry.