MSC cutting tool sale

I've been looking to buy some reamers (waiting for a sale) and got an email from MSC today for up to 35% off cutting tools. For example, a 41.00 5/8" reamer nets out to 26.00.

CTB35WA promo code through Wednesday.

KD

Oldsalt

korndog

I buy from MSC because they have pretty low prices and a huge selection....not just the stuff made in China and India. Mostly tools for hobby use. Like you I've got to watch how much I spend on tools, such as reamers and other special cutters, that are used only a couple of times per year. It took me a decade to get a complete set of tapered pin reamers by buying one size at a time. Have you done business with Enco?

korndog

I buy from MSC because they have pretty low prices and a huge selection....not just the stuff made in China and India. Mostly tools for hobby use. Like you I've got to watch how much I spend on tools, such as reamers and other special cutters, that are used only a couple of times per year. It took me a decade to get a complete set of tapered pin reamers by buying one size at a time. Have you done business with Enco?
No, I haven't checked out Enco. I use MSC and Mcmaster for most stuff.
I thought this sale brought some quality tools down into a decent price range. I'll check them out. Thanks for the tip. Yeah, some tools are just too expensive to justify without a good deal. I guess that's why Harbor Freight is so tempting to so many people. I have been looking for flathead block prep tools for a while, but you just don't see many deals on seat cutters and other specialty cutting tools for these engines.

Thanks for the input
KD

i have a bunch of those reamers what are they used for and on what sort of drill? Maby i could be using them and dont know it :shrug:
They are for precision sizing of a hole or a holes tapper (depending on type), can be used in drill press, mill, lathe or by hand (also depending on type). Usually they are used to remove less than .005" (depending on size) . They can work good for hogging out openings in softer materials like zinc or aluminum (carbs) as long as the nose of the tool is cut to remove that amount of material, because they wont grab like a drill or end mill and provide quicker results than lapping a carbs bore to desired size.