Murray Lawnmowers

Was in my favorite Walmart today and they had brand new Murray lawnmowers for sale. Looks like they are back in business. They come with Briggs motors but are small 148cc and 157cc? Claim made in the USA of US and foreign parts. Checked their barcode and they are US. What do you all think?

Worth giving em a chance if the price is right, Murray always made a good mower. Just watch that you are careful with the air cleaner studs, the carbs are nylon now and strip out easily. Maintain it and it should last, much like anything.:thumbsup:

any murray i have ever say is a great lawn mower. i off road lawn mowers, make them go faster, do stuff they anit so post to do and any murray is what you would want because they are just made better. living where i live you will need a new deck every 10 years or so. They are made in murray ohio so yes they are made in america(non union most likely :eek:ut:) i think you are talking about the new rear engine style they came out with at my wallmart if so from what i see they look great the motor is small but its a small lawn mower. this all said my grandma got a new rear engine murray in 2002 the deck rusted out to where it was unusable last summer, so i off roaded it, well it was in a flood a long time ago and the constant driving it with a pulley swap was to much on the stock grese in the transmission so it did go out but it was because water got in to it

toomanytoys

My grandfather bought a new murray in the early 90s or late 80s He cut 5 acres every week with a 38" deck. He LOVED cutting grass.

His yard wasn't smooth and flat, it was hilly and bumping in spots.

Looked a lot like that one if I remember right.

delray

don't quote me on this,but i stumbled onto something the other day when i was looking for a worm gear for a 8/27 yard man snowblower and i found some info that looks like briggs owns murray...:shrug: and in the pass all the murray stuff look like it was made buy MTD. i always thought murray was the bottom of the barrel stuff. parts on them where kind of the cheaply made and the only thing that last was the motor.......:shrug:

You're right Briggs owns Murray but not 100% of Murray. Not all of Briggs motors are made in the US. I own two Briggs Intek 6.5hp motors made in China!

Last edited: