Murray Mini bike Build #1

I got 2 murrays right out from Buckeye in his own backyard during the Lo-bama meet up. Here's my progress on the first one.

So far, I've cleaned one up a bit, and I'm working on getting the predator and tav2 on it. Picked up a $7 kickstand at wal-mart that just bolted on. It's not pictured. I'll post it later.

CarPlayLB

I have some stock footpegs and brake drum with band if you need them!

I like the Murrays...got two of them myself! Good luck with your build!

Thanks, everyone.

CarPlay, I might take you up on that. I only have one set of stock footpegs. The other had mini baja footpegs, but I kind of like them. I'll let you know if I change my mind.

Chipper, hell yea, man!

Engine is in. Now to mock up and fab exhaust. If there is one thing this project has taught me so far, it's don't do anything cool. Cool means hard work and a lot of cussing.

you can see that little walmart kickstand in there. Worked great.

@Buckeye: I don't know what you guys are talking about. I took the bike over some hills and bumps at Toledo Bend this weekend, and it handled like a champ (manhood still intact).

@UnorthodoxCreat: Thanks, it's a murray track 2

Last edited:

[video=youtube_share;p2oKssOQH_o]http://youtu.be/p2oKssOQH_o[/video]

I got it all running. Still gotta get a new rear sprocket and fix up a spring tensioner. My jewels are still intact, Tom, so I guess that means I haven't been on big enough jumps yet.

Last edited:
I see you have the same issues I do, the gas cap is right in line with the center of the bike, making access difficult. I've been looking at external fuel tanks, but $$$.

Looks good man, as soon as Brad gets back, I'll have mine up and running. :scooter:

Thanks, JD.

Alan, It looks like it is (it partially is), but I can access it pretty easily from the side, so no complaints. The external tanks do look way better though. We should probably play the lottery. We'll have to head to tinseltown when you do.

Merkle

Thanks, JD.

Alan, It looks like it is (it partially is), but I can access it pretty easily from the side, so no complaints. The external tanks do look way better though. We should probably play the lottery. We'll have to head to tinseltown when you do.
Hopefully we can work something out for this weekend, the weather has been awesome lately.

I'll need a ride, the truck is broken again. :(