Murry Re-build

I just finish this re-build of a Murry Mini Bike.

Added shocks to the front forks, custom made handle bar risers, changed the band brake to a drum brake, put about 3" more in the frame height, changed the angle of the rake to improve steering with the added height of adding the front shocks.

Fenders made from old computer cases, added a jackshaft setup from a Puma 200 Mini bike.

Tell me what you think.

This picture should show you the Murry as I got it

This one after the panit and started putting it back together.

Between 2 Puma 200 and a Baja Heat and this one, I'm always looking at improving them.

Last edited:

doral

Thanks to everyone that likes the job I did, it was well worth the time and money.

I moved the height of the frame up about 3" gave me more engine space, and changed the header angle twice till I found the right angle.

I have a mini lathe which helped me make the front fork shock mounts, the risiers for the handle bars, the head bushing's and the pin for the brake drum.

I put a torque converter on my Puma 200 which let me install the jackshaft on the Murry, the only problem was with it's rear 72 tooth sprocket I could keep it from pulling wheelies on takeoff, it was to slow and to much torque.

I changed the rear sprocet to a 54 which helped, but ended with changing out the 10 tooth gear on the jackshaft to a 14 tooth gear.

This give's me the right amount of torque and speed.

I also moved the foot pegs forward, better feel when seatting on the bike.

The 212cc motor is sweet.

A lot of welding and grinding, but when it was all finished, I think it turned out GREAT.:scooter:

Last edited: