My bonanza BC 1100 restore

Okay here we go one more time . I keep saying no more bikes , but gumpit was twisting my arm so I bought it from him . Here is the first pic of it leaning against my truck at windber .

As far as i can tell its all original from the tires and rims to the rear brakes and kick stand . The tires look all most new as far as tread goes and with minimal cracks . I think the brake lever is stock and the throttle also .

I have some more pics of the bike . Can you nanza experts look them over and tell me what's missing ? There is one foot peg that needs some help but I got that . Could y'all look ar the brake lever and see if it's stock or not , it has like a little arrow like stamp on it .
Also the throttle has a funny little mark on it and does not seem to be a cheap casting on the tube part .

trinik7597

the throttle and the brake lever are og david and you even got the clevis for the brake :thumbsup: badge is not half bad either and the kick stand is a bonus !!!! if you need a foot peg i have one you can have :thumbsup:

markus

The controls were made by Doherty in England. they were a big supplier for parts like that back in the day, most of the stuff you see nowadays is simply copies of their controls.

Today I got the bike broke down and some parts bead blasted . The rims came out looking great . From what I can tell someone switched the front to the rear ,probably cause the tread was like new and still is . There is one sprocket bolt missing , got lost in the switch . One of the rims has been taken apart and the other has not . You can tell from the slotted screws , no marks at all on one .

The fenders probably have not been taken off before either the Phillip head screws are perfect and they came off without a problem .

I also have some questions are the nuts and bolts in the pics original ? And does anyone have a spare sprocket nut and bolt ?

Also the bolts in the brake lever are bent does anyone have a couple or know where to get ones like them ?
I also think the frame has only been painted one time and was not taken apart to do so , need to know if this blue under the badge is the real deal .
http:/

/www.oldminibikes.com/forum/photopost/data/500/medium/image3375.jpg

Those wheels look great. Gumpit sold that for a great price. I'm no Bonanza expert but I think that bike was a BC1100 and operated without a jackshaft. I say that because the way the wheel is facing with the bracket for the brake cable.

Yes Karen you are correct , a BC 1100 mid peg and all original and in great shape . And yes it did not run a jack shaft and the brake cable runs up frame tube and under the seat .
All I need is a correct motor and all will be good . If I can pull off this numbers matching restore then maybe I'll be good with the purest on the site .

Today I started polishing the kidney bean wheels . This will take some time to do but they well look great when I'am done .
I'am not going to take them to a chrome like finish but something close .