My Father passed away overnight

I went to check on him this morning (1-2-15) and he was unresponsive, cold and stiff. The paramedics said he passed late new years day around 11pm, he made it to the new year but he could not breath any more. He had COPD really bad from smoking 50 plus years and was on oxygen for the last couple of years. He was a very good man and a great Dad and Grandpa to his seven Grandchildren, I loved him very much and he will be missed terribly. I'm in a tailspin right now unable to sleep and in great emotional and physical pain. I'm sharing this here because I consider OldMiniBikes to be my second home and I have many good friends here. Those who pray please send some prayers up to Mike Babiak, Thanks. And if you smoke please stop for your own sake and the sake of your loved ones.

Hey Ace, I know your a big, strong, tough guy but losing a Dad will bring you to your knees. Sounds like you made sure he knew you loved him and that's the most important, as a Dad, you can do. The memories of him right now are bittersweet but will soon become JUST sweet as the pain eases.

Carry on,Buddy, my thoughts are with you

Fred

Last edited:
Ace I lost my step-dad in July. He was the only man I new as dad for 22 years of my life. He was diagnosed with copd 2 years ago. He ultimately lost his battle with what ended up as small cell lung cancer. I feel your pain, your sense of misdirection. Your loss is heartfelt and I pray, for you and your dad. I'm so sorry.

Dennis