My hs50 rebuild

I've had this little HS for awhile now . Last time I did some port work I didn't pull it completely down and got some trash in it and scored the piston and Cylinder. So I had to find a 10 over TEC piston which took almost 2 months. I got her back together today .
This motor is pretty much stock besides some different parts that are in it . Which are a ARC billet rod and a dyno 255 cam . Also running new stock springs that are shimmed some , should get 7 k out of her this time around . The intake port has been epoxied up and reshaped to round and the back of the bowl has been filled . The exhaust post has has the bowl epoxied and ported , and yes it's still there .
We have a new carb this time around , a Tec Motorsports H50 tilly . I got it from my good friend Karl . Should get her running tomorrow.

Hot Dawg....!!!

Yes video please....:laugh:...once you get'er running. I can't wait to hear how it sounds with that pipe on there.

Keep up the good work David....:thumbsup:

Well I got her started Thursday but without some issues. After getting her all ready to go I noticed she pulled a little easier than before , actually a lot . I kept trying to start her and I new the tilly is hard to prime so I finally held my hand over the throat and pulled it some and the carb primed and gas flooded out between the head and cylinder . As soon as saw that I remembered I hadn't tighten the head down , yep the nuts were finger tight . So I torqued the head down and she started first pull .
The motor seem to run perfect with this new carb setup .

I like the angle of the intake! Wanted to do that with my atlas but would have had fitment issues. That gives a better shot at intake valve.

I like the angle of the intake! Wanted to do that with my atlas but would have had fitment issues. That gives a better shot at intake valve.
Thanks OLE yes the intake is pretty much a straight shot right into the port . When I epoxied the port I shaped it to be inline with the intake manifold. Also I'am leaving it angled down and there's no chance of the carb flooding the motor and she does seem to idle and have good part throttle operation .

Well people here is a photo of the video ending as I check the max RPM this small block turned with a clutch on it . This is a snap of the throttle and may have held it for a second .
This is also with brand new stock HS50 valves springs that are shimmed .100 . Before the shims she would float at about 6800 .
Now with a blip of the butterfly she hits 7300 no problem.