my manco bigcat

iand my bigcat for a few months, i traded some work for it. when i got it carb was shot, and it ran like crap. retuned it and cleaned carb. bike ran good for a while, but was still slow with the tech 5.0, so i finally did the predator 212cc swap runs awesome, gps read 32 mph so far.

Last edited:
The Big Cats do have a few weak points, replacing the Tecumseh got rid of one of them.
I like mine, they are nice riding bikes when everthing is working right.

The Big Cats do have a few weak points, replacing the Tecumseh got rid of one of them.
I like mine, they are nice riding bikes when everthing is working right.
not to hijack the thread..
mine needs work, like new wheel bearings in the front, a new chain and heck why I have it tore apart, I might as well tear it all the way apart and powdercoat everything.. then one day I can ride it, fresh and new... I have been wanting one forever:thumbsup:

A guy up the street was selling one of these for $200 last summer,I kick myself for passing up on it.:doah:
Yeah, that was a good buy.
I have the front end with a brake from a 200cc Honda 3 wheeler that is going on mine when the weather warms up, fixing another weak point.

My big cat is one of my favorite bikes. Mine has a stock honda 6.5 in it and it will run about 32-34 mph too. I built a predator with alittle port work and extra compression with a mamba jr. cam to put in it cuz i got 2 other friends with bigcats- one is red with the stk tecumseh and another with a black big cat with a predator- and we have started to get competitive with who has the fastest bigcat. Mine is a green one and i insist green is the fastest color- im gonna make sure of it...........i hope.....
hahahaha

Anyone have trouble with the tires being out of round on the rims, making the bike kind of lope/bonce along? I wonder how high a speed the tires are safe to run at?

My tires run out atleast an 1/8 of an inch. At speeds over 30mph- i need both hands firmly on the handle bars. I have the tires with square shaped knobbys and my friends have the round shaped knobby tires on their bigcats and all three of our bikes tires run out badly. It seems like they are just really low quality tires- the rim doesnt seem to be causeing the runout. All the bouncing and ill handleing is fun to me- adds to the tank like feel the bike has. I think i will go for a bigcat ride today!.......