My mom

This is the Western Flyer I built my Grandson and gave it to him yesterday for his 1st Birthday I know too young but I bet he'll remember where he got it!
" I HOPE"
But what your lookin at is my 86 yr old MOTHER
She always encouraged me on building anything she always said your never too young to learn!
When I was 19 yrs old in 69 I blew a trans in my 69 brand new Big block NOVA and guess who helped me lift the tailshaft so I could get it set in
"MOM"!
THANKS MOM
FRANK

Last edited:

TomH

All right Wheels! great pic and story. Your mom is super special. Your Grandson is never going to forget you man. My Dad had a friend that owned a Triumph dealership. He came over on a thunderbird, grey, single carb brand freaking new. I was drooling over it 11 years old. He said "you want to ride it". Never driven a bike but I wasn't missing that chance. I took off across the yard, made it about 50 feet before I laid it down. missed all the trees though.:laugh:

That's cool wheels.from your mom sittin on it to given it to your grandson.
That's great.we actually put my mom in a race kart last year and she did some laps.

Too Kewl! You have a mom to be proud of. Sad to say I don't :(

I think your mom is keeping that bike. You are going to have to build another one for your gift :doah:

Kevin - Hillsboro, OH

toomanytoys

awesome. My mom always encouraged me to do things I wanted to do. From building things as a kid, to pretty much anything. She also still won't hesitate to smack me upside the head and ask me what the hell I'm thinking!