My New Clone with Mods (pics)

Hey Guys, this is my manco streaker that ive had since november. This was my first minibike and im loving it. My parents wouldnt let me get one when i was younger, but i have ajob and spending money now, and no bills except cell phone and insurance and girlfriend, im only 17. Well anyway the old motor had about enough and i was low on money so i decided to buy a clone, out of desperation. i usually only like to buy american products, but with the money situation i decided to buy the clone. Well i got the clone 2 days ago, and as soon as i got it, i had already taken it apart. The quality of these engines seem so good for the price, metal cam helical cut gears( i think thats what its called when the gears are cut diagonally instead of strait), anyway i removed the governor and replaced the carb with a mikuni pz22 before ithe initial start. I made the intake for the carb it turned out very well, when ever i can make something rather than buy it i usually do because i am tight with my money, plus i enjoy building things and welding, i am going to trade school for welding next year once i graduate. Well i took it for the first run today, and will this haul butt. once i get to near full throttle the valves start to float, but once i get that fast i dont need to go faster, i might add some harder valve springs but not yet. To conclude i am extremely happy with this clone its quality and performance well excede the price. here are some pics of this beast.

i'd ditch that stock muffler. it should run better if you get a header on it since you have the intake side opened up now.

did you remove the internal parts for the governor? i'd do that asap, it's not good to just leaving them in there. getting a billet rod would be a good idea as well since the governor is no longer working.

Strugoi I did remove the internal to the governor. The only problem with running another muffler is noise. I was running a strait header with my last enfgine and it was deafening

you could always run one of the hot dog style mufflers. it would flow better than stock and still be relatively quiet. you can pick them up for $5 at most hardware stores that sell small engine/mower parts. it would be easy enough to make one fit on a single stage header.

there's also the RLV silencers. they don't quiet them down that much but they do "take the edge off" of the sound.

i do have a dirtbike silencer i got for free that i ran on my old engine and it did help. it was a muffler surrounded by fiberglass. are those glasspacks i wasnt for sure.one question, when i run the bike it gets lean out, i tilt it right it leans tilt it left it richens. ive heard of this but how do i prevent this

Hey Guys, this is my manco streaker that ive had since november. This was my first minibike and im loving it. My parents wouldnt let me get one when i was younger, but i have ajob and spending money now, and no bills except cell phone and insurance and girlfriend, im only 17. Well anyway the old motor had about enough and i was low on money so i decided to buy a clone, out of desperation. i usually only like to buy american products, but with the money situation i decided to buy the clone. Well i got the clone 2 days ago, and as soon as i got it, i had already taken it apart. The quality of these engines seem so good for the price, metal cam helical cut gears( i think thats what its called when the gears are cut diagonally instead of strait), anyway i removed the governor and replaced the carb with a mikuni pz22 before ithe initial start. I made the intake for the carb it turned out very well, when ever i can make something rather than buy it i usually do because i am tight with my money, plus i enjoy building things and welding, i am going to trade school for welding next year once i graduate. Well i took it for the first run today, and will this haul butt. once i get to near full throttle the valves start to float, but once i get that fast i dont need to go faster, i might add some harder valve springs but not yet. To conclude i am extremely happy with this clone its quality and performance well excede the price. here are some pics of this beast.

nice job,fabricating the adaptor,I am the same way,love to make things and weld them...

thank you very much. i love working on these motors. ive learned alot but still want to learn much much more. mdb amazes me how much he knows i would love to know that much. maybe one day, i am sure u dont acquire knowledge that in a day but many years. i made those welds with i stick, at the end of the summer i am going to buy a nice mig setup. i have mig but its flux cored, and the welds are dirty and dont penetrate the best. I am probably going to invest near $1000 in the setup. i just want something good to practice on before i get a job and go to school.

Last edited:
its is level i made sure of that. i thought maybe because the fuel line is above the cg so it may not be flowing well, i may need a pump. but i could be completely wrong.

by leaning out, do you mean it's acting like it's running out of fuel?

looking at the pic, it does seem like the line goes up a bit before getting to the carb. if you plan on keeping the stock tank on, i'd go ahead and get a fuel pump. if you want the fuel pump to be a bolt on thing, you'll need to get the manifold with a pulse fitting. the valve cover with one won't work on the new style clones (different bolt pattern). you can also just buy the fitting and drill/tap your side cover (do a search first) or the valve cover.

mine had no problems getting fuel when i installed a small pulse pump, but if running the mikuni on a clone i would suggest a billet flywheel because mine exploded after putting on a mikuni.

the mikuni had nothing to do with your flywheel letting go. :eek:ut:

yours broke because it was already damaged and shouldn't have been run anyways.

it's a better idea to get a billet rod before the flywheel. it's much more likely to break and the rod will come straight up and hit you where you don't want it to.

thanks mdb, i have a bike in the makes right now going wth an oldschool race bike look i have short handlebars i made the bike is decent stramlin, but i doubt the clone will fit with the jackshaft

there was a little setback. i let a freind ride it. well he started it, it flew out from under him and landed on the carb, stripping the bolts out of the block, so now i have to tap some new holes.

Bummer....after you tap in new threads to the block. I hope your friend gets tapped with a ball peen hammer to the knee cap.....Just a thought.