My New find....Fox Sundowner.

It seems like ever since i started messing with Mini's again People keep dragging them out of the weeds for me to take! LOL!!!

Today a Friend of mine at work who was in the process of Moving across town come up to me as says.

"I got a old Mini-bike that My wife had when she was a kid. Want it?"

LOL!!! What Was I gonna say? No? :)

I got a Fox Sundowner minus the Sach's engine for free.........
I love free........ Its a little rough but no worse than everything else I haven't tackled before.

It'll get a B&S or Tec prolly. Unless I can find a sachs engine real cheap , And I don't think that's gonna happen..

Pics to come!

Can't wait to see pics. I'm finishing up a late '60s Bird "Duck" bike right now. Living in a small, rural aging mill town in south central Oregon, I'm sure there's plenty of treasures out there awaiting rejuvenation, but I'll tread lightly looking as I may end up with more than I was initially looking for, the way my luck usually goes :)

Hent

Very cool Dennis, I wish I could pick more up for free....

Lets see some pics of this thing.

Good luck on the sachs. :confused:

Also, check your PMs. I sent some stuff about the columbias.

Thanks guys! I'll get some up as soon as I can.

It was a pretty Memorable Moment when I went to pick it up. The Wind was blowing so hard and the sky so dark at 4pm it reminded me of the Wizard of OZ since it was a old farm house and a freshly plowed field right next to it. I was starting to get the Hebby Jeebies!!!!
The Guy's house is in the flood plain in IL And Im sure the Bike was there in 93 in the big flood so it has some surface rust but all the metal looks Good enough to use.

Both wheels are in ok shape and so are the tires but I'll replace them. It has drums front and rear......And they work! But it doesnt have cables and levers for them. Seat is good enough to send off to KS8 to be remade.

Still has stickers on the frame!!!

Last edited:

kbs8ball

Send it on over deez...I will hook you up...Im using an old seat tonight as a refrence...its really the only way to be exact....this seat is gonna be sweet and I havent seen one on ebay in a long time....