My Raptor build

I got alot more then that in my clone but I know those raptors are monsters. Plus I like American stuff too. Lol it would look alot better on my spyder then a stupid clone or even my real gx200. It was just meant to have a flathead. Lol
Not saying a clone can't run because they can. I'm only .010 over and still running OEM valves and seats and a ss cam. Still have room to go.

Oh I'm not doubting ur motor at all or any other raptor I know they can be nasty motors. It's all about what you put in. I know I want one. I'm having trouble finding one that isn't beat up. I just want a clean one in stock for to mod as I go.

Oh I'm not doubting ur motor at all or any other raptor I know they can be nasty motors. It's all about what you put in. I know I want one. I'm having trouble finding one that isn't beat up. I just want a clean one in stock for to mod as I go.
Didn't take it as a doubt, was just stating that it don't takeuch to get them to run strong. I have another stock flathead but it's not a raptor it has a aluminum bore. It still has some of the factory black pain on the muffler still.

what's the diff between the raptor and a regular flathead?
My brother has both a stock raptor and and built one almost indentical to this build . The stock raptor does not empress me . I don't think it would out run a stock ungoverned predator . The built raptor is bad ass but probably not much stronger than my Honda GX160 .

Raptor has a dual bearing crank, steel sleeve, better flowing head and reinforced block to prevent jug breakage.
Some of them were single bearing blocks . The raptor on the nanza was a single bearing block , a nos motor nerver run . It put the rod though the front with only 45 minutes run time .
We then bought a dual bearing raptor block from out to win racing , and built what we have a bad ass flat head .
The one impressive thing of these motor is their sound , nothing sounds as good .

Excellent looking build so far! Definitely in to see some videos of this thing ripping around.

And that's too bad about the NOS raptor that opened the window when the rod let go. I have a single bearing block and it happily turns 7000+ RPM, but I have an ARC rod and flywheel which I feel are necessary safety items. Some builders I heard actually prefer the single bearing block as it has more metal to it.

Some more Raptor info (well for the Raptor 2 at least)
Raptor II racing engine (Briggs & Stratton) | Engines | Kart & Karting

Did you end up flipping the PMR plate around to make it line up right? I had to do this for the raptor I'm putting on my DB.
I'm not sure. The plate was given to me with no instructions so I used s chain alignment tool and installed the plate in the best position to adjust the chain and alignment if needed.

SWEET!!!! . Just love the sound of those flat heads . I just got back from dumpin valley kart track a little while ago and watching the open flats heads run was great . They also had the outlaw karts there , running 500cc jawa motors and 450 R Hondas . But still love the flat heads .