My Raptor build

SWEET!!!! . Just love the sound of those flat heads . I just got back from dumpin valley kart track a little while ago and watching the open flats heads run was great . They also had the outlaw karts there , running 500cc jawa motors and 450 R Hondas . But still love the flat heads .
Nothing else sounds like them.

Hey Stephen !

A bit off topic here...(excuse me y'all)....I was reading through the thread, from start to finish just now (I learn a lot from these threads...nice looking motors btw), and got to the very last post of your son with his motor, when I realized that you all are from Moncks Corner SC.

I'm just over here in Horry county SC, on the south end, so to speak, close to Murrell's Inlet.

It's good to hear from another South Carolinian on here (we have a number of us now), especially one close by.

Do you guys ever go over to the Wambaw cycle trails to ride ?

Hey Stephen !

A bit off topic here...(excuse me y'all)....I was reading through the thread, from start to finish just now (I learn a lot from these threads...nice looking motors btw), and got to the very last post of your son with his motor, when I realized that you all are from Moncks Corner SC.

I'm just over here in Horry county SC, on the south end, so to speak, close to Murrell's Inlet.

It's good to hear from another South Carolinian on here (we have a number of us now), especially one close by.

Do you guys ever go over to the Wambaw cycle trails to ride ?
Never herd of it, but could and would. Where is it located?

Never herd of it, but could and would. Where is it located?
Just outside of McLellansville (sp?)....part of the the Francis Marion National Forest. Miles of trail bike, and atv trails.

If heading north on 17, like coming from Charleston/Mount Pleasant...go 17 North to Steed Creek Road (there in McLellansville)..(SC Route 133-S ). Turn left and drive five miles to Halfway Creek Road (SC Route 98-S). Turn right and continue six miles to Round Pond Cycle Trailhead on the left.

They even allow you to camp there overnight. Although it's been a long time since I've camped there, when we did, there was no 'check-in' so to speak, only a box on a post, used for the honor system with envelopes and rates per camper.

As far as I recall, to ride there is 5$ per atv. Literally miles, and miles of trails.

Here's a link: http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/scnfs/recarea/?recid=47319

Google says it's 42 miles from Moncks Corner ... and 44 miles from Murrell's Inlet maybe we could get some other OldMiniBikes folks that are within range to do a ride there some time ?

Last edited:
Just outside of McLellansville (sp?)....part of the the Francis Marion National Forest. Miles of trail bike, and atv trails.

If heading north on 17, like coming from Charleston/Mount Pleasant...go 17 North to Steed Creek Road (there in McLellansville)..(SC Route 133-S ). Turn left and drive five miles to Halfway Creek Road (SC Route 98-S). Turn right and continue six miles to Round Pond Cycle Trailhead on the left.

They even allow you to camp there overnight. Although it's been a long time since I've camped there, when we did, there was no 'check-in' so to speak, only a box on a post, used for the honor system with envelopes and rates per camper.

As far as I recall, to ride there is 5$ per atv. Literally miles, and miles of trails.

Here's a link: http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/scnfs/recarea/?recid=47319

Google says it's 42 miles from Moncks Corner ... and 44 miles from Murrell's Inlet maybe we could get some other OldMiniBikes folks that are within range to do a ride there some time ?
Sure!e and the family would love too.

Sure!e and the family would love too.
Cool !

My kid's would like it down there..I took the older set years ago, but the younger two have not been. There was a good family type atmosphere amongst the folks we met.

I plan to go to Windber in a couple weeks, so it will be sometime after that.

I know I'll be wanting to ride more when we get home from Windber, so perhaps we can shoot for some time in July ? (I'll start a separate thread about it though, so I don't keep hijacking this thread :laugh: )

Now for something halfway relevant to the thread, after reading this thread, I have even greater hope for the two 5 hp B & S's sitting in the floor of my garage....got an old one that is the 'bronze' paint scheme, and another Industrial looking one with the gray colored shroud similar to yours. I traded for both, and have been wondering what to try to do to them.

Cool !

My kid's would like it down there..I took the older set years ago, but the younger two have not been. There was a good family type atmosphere amongst the folks we met.

I plan to go to Windber in a couple weeks, so it will be sometime after that.

I know I'll be wanting to ride more when we get home from Windber, so perhaps we can shoot for some time in July ? (I'll start a separate thread about it though, so I don't keep hijacking this thread :laugh: )

Now for something halfway relevant to the thread, after reading this thread, I have even greater hope for the two 5 hp B & S's sitting in the floor of my garage....got an old one that is the 'bronze' paint scheme, and another Industrial looking one with the gray colored shroud similar to yours. I traded for both, and have been wondering what to try to do to them.
Need to figure out what your going to use them for. My motor is a mild build but with the good stuff. Now my sons engine may look stock but is far from it. It has billet rod, a cam, port/polish, and a bored out carb. With a 12/70 gearing it will run 47mph and pull a wheelie any time it wants to. It was built for him to run through the woods without having to push it any.