Mystery Mini Bike!!!!!

Timmy here-I just bought this frame from someone who tells me it's an old Manco frame. But the rear axle dropouts are different. There are 4" wheels on it. It kinda looks like a Lil' Indian,but those dropouts are different as well. Can anyone verify the actual brand of this bike? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Is This A Lil'Indian????

Hello-Timmy here. I just got this from Ebay-it has 4" wheels and a scrub brake. The frame tubing is only 3/4" in diameter. The wheelbase is 32". Does anyone know what this is? I'm dying to find out. It looks like a Lil' Indian,but I'm not sure exactly what it is.

Could be homemade, with 3/4" tubing it likely is. That was never the standard tubing size for any minibike I know of, never seen it. The engine mounts look Taiwanese like Scat Cat but that was not exclusive to the foreign bikes. I say homemade.

It does look a lot like a Bozo,but the rear dropouts are different-the Bozo's are similar to a Lil' Indian or a Manco. The ones on this one are outside of the frame,making the wheelbase a few inches longer. Also,the engine plate suggests that it was not powered by a typical 4 cycle lawnmower type engine. The scrub brake lever was obviously two pieces welded together. The rear sprocket is 82 (yes,82) teeth !!!! I think a Lil' Indian or Ruttman sprocket will fit-it has a 4 bolt pattern. Some of the welds need cleaned up and some additional welding and gusseting is necessary before I put my 225 lb. 5'10" body on it........One thing's for sure-it will be one of a kind !!! More pictures are forthcoming. Thanks for your replies.

Here are two more photos of the engine plate and the rear wheel/sprocket. It will look basically like a Lil' Indian,but with smaller tubing. The distance between the engine plate and the bottom of the top tubes is 11",so she'll have a remote gas tank. I'm thinking of a 99cc Harbor Freight clone..........with the throttle assembly "adjusted".......

Last edited:
After you find the max bid from the other person, you were suppose to retract your bid and bid again using another account just below the max bid from legit bidder. Can't even scam right :laugh:

This is why I like Ebay turning into a BIN store with Free Shipping. The final price is what is is. You either BIN for x amount or you don't.. no time wasting searching bid histroy and then checking those bidders feedback to see if there is a connection.

I had this happen to me 1 time. A new person kept min. bid increases till he beat my top bid. He then retracts the bid and then right before end of auction, a bidder would step in and bid just right below my top bid amount. Ebay allowed my canellation of transaction due to the highly suspicious bidding activity.

Kevin - Hillsboro, OH

If the seller put it back up for sale,then he didn't honor his winning bid or returned it due to the fact it might have been homemade instead of being a Manco. Since he posted it after the end of the auction, he was probably banking on it being worth more than he bid on it. Putting a monetary valve on it instead of having a nice roller.

In all fairness the guy has posted and participated here, he has other minibikes too. A little creative marketing is not a bad thing, I was judgmental but maybe prematurely maybe not. Time will tell me that. And he didn't market it here in such a way, but he did get told it was homemade here and it looks silly to have it listed as a Manco unless he thinks we are wrong. It's too tiny and the wrong tubing to be Manco or any known manufacturer. I'd market it as a tom thumb and put a briggs 3hp with an atv throttle and some vintage implement grips, throw a seat on it and ask top dollar but that's me. I believe in full disclosure and maximizing my profit on Ebay since the fees are steep and paypal gets me too.:doah:

I would love to have it, I like the looks of the bike and it is something small and that is what I have been looking for so my kids can learn to ride but I can't justify paying top dollar for a home made mini bike that is just a roller and would still need gone through to make it a trustworthy rider for kids, you know what I mean.