Need advice about rear axle

Hi everyone, I made a swingarm for my baja warrior and had to alter the axle.
I cut the thread end off, driled and threaded a 3/4 inch hole in the end. Then I put a GRADE 8 BOLT in the end, and the other end has the original locknut set up.

My question is...will the axle be strong enough to use still after drilling the 3/4deep hole?

Motra

There's one sure way to find out, run it!

If you're concerned, you could probably get the correct size bolt at a specialty nut and bolt supply store. It'd be metric.

danc9

With the bolt lock threaded in the axle hole, you should be fine. I can't imagine you putting enough force on the end of an axle to brake it before it bent.

IMHO,

DAN

With the bolt lock threaded in the axle hole, you should be fine. I can't imagine you putting enough force on the end of an axle to brake it before it bent.

IMHO,

DAN
That is what Im thinking. It has a bolt in the drilled end and the other end, a locknut. And it will be bolted tight. Ill put pics up later..., I finished it last night.

There's one sure way to find out, run it!

If you're concerned, you could probably get the correct size bolt at a specialty nut and bolt supply store. It'd be metric.
It has the correct bolt, I used a tap and die to match bolt threads.

What I would have liked to have is a 5/8 grade 8 bolt that is 12 inches long, that would make a great axle but cant find that long at the hardware stores:doah:

can you use a 5/8 rod with locking collars on the ends? thats what i do alot. and if you dont want the axle spinning in the thin hangers you can tack weld the collars right to the frame