Need engine builder to fix my engine.

Im having a real tough time getting my clone to run after i did these mods. I dont know whats wrong and would like a pro to do it for me. I would obviously pay whatever it costs to tweek, tune and correct any mistakes. Anyone close to NY? Can i send an engine to NR? If anyone is close you could even come by my house to help me out.

vette66_00

Im having a real tough time getting my clone to run after i did these mods. I dont know whats wrong and would like a pro to do it for me. I would obviously pay whatever it costs to tweek, tune and correct any mistakes. Anyone close to NY? Can i send an engine to NR? If anyone is close you could even come by my house to help me out.
I wish I was remotely located near you. I would be helping you right now. Shipping it to NR seems $$. Just have patience somebody should be up your way willing to help.

Looking at your mods, I think your jet is to small. I would go with a 96 or 98. Get a drill set from harbor freight and re drill your jet. Start at 92 and then work your way up.

Last edited:
Update. I just went outside and was able to start it up. I do not have my throttle hooked up yet so i just have a spring holding the throttle at idle. It will idle now and continue running BUT it is still very shaky. When i sit on the bike and hold the handlebars as if i was about to ride, my hands and arms shake. It did not do that with the stock 6.5. I only have 2 bolts holding the engine down due to a loctite mishap. The other two bolts cant be tightened all the way ebcause the nut is glued to the bolt. I am using the mounting palte from ctjmini, or cjt... whatever. Maybe that is allowing the engine to shake a bit more? Either way, it didnt shake when it was stock and even then it only had 2 bolts. If i hold the engine down to keep it from shaking the frame, it still shakes. ive kind of ruled out that as a possibility. Is is possible an internal part is unbalanced? Maybe its nothing but im afraid to ride it the way it is. Ill video it in a little bit.

vette66_00

Update. I just went outside and was able to start it up. I do not have my throttle hooked up yet so i just have a spring holding the throttle at idle. It will idle now and continue running BUT it is still very shaky. When i sit on the bike and hold the handlebars as if i was about to ride, my hands and arms shake. It did not do that with the stock 6.5. I only have 2 bolts holding the engine down due to a loctite mishap. The other two bolts cant be tightened all the way ebcause the nut is glued to the bolt. I am using the mounting palte from ctjmini, or cjt... whatever. Maybe that is allowing the engine to shake a bit more? Either way, it didnt shake when it was stock and even then it only had 2 bolts. If i hold the engine down to keep it from shaking the frame, it still shakes. ive kind of ruled out that as a possibility. Is is possible an internal part is unbalanced? Maybe its nothing but im afraid to ride it the way it is. Ill video it in a little bit.
Mine shakes the crap out of my bike. But my buddy with about the same mods doesn't. I think some motor due and some don't. I don't know the 2 bolts is not helping the situation.

my bike shook real bad but only the motor shook not the bike when it was at idle but when you were riding it it felt like you were holding on to a leaf blower

are leaf blowers usually shaky? i cant say i ever thought that. Mine makes your arms shake but it didnt when the 6.5 was stock. Thats why i think somethings wrong

have you actually ridden it since this started? mine shakes quite a bit down low but after 3k or so it smooths out. my clutch is stalled to 3500 so i don't even feel it.

it didn't do it with the stock flywheel but did with the ARC one. i sent the flywheel back to ARC (thinking it was possibly out of balance) and got a new one from them and it still did it.

No i have not ridden it because i wanted to get it all straightened out first. My chain isnt even hooked up. i reved the engine slightly and it didnt feel like it let up at all. I will tinker and get back to you.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
There is tons of Clone engine builders now that has pop up in the last 2 years.

You should go over to 4cycle.com and go to the OHV section, then clone section and ask.

I knwo this has been discussed, who has run a stock flywheel above stock rpm safely? I want to know how long you used the stock flywheel without the governor and what rpm you would go to.

have you actually ridden it since this started? mine shakes quite a bit down low but after 3k or so it smooths out. my clutch is stalled to 3500 so i don't even feel it.

it didn't do it with the stock flywheel but did with the ARC one. i sent the flywheel back to ARC (thinking it was possibly out of balance) and got a new one from them and it still did it.
That is because they are light weight...... I have never OWNED one but I can assure you the shaking would be from the light weight AND possibly ignition timing.... The factory heavier flywheel has more inertia and can easily pull the piston to it's compression stroke, the LIGHTER flywheel does not weigh as much, so it STRUGGLES to bring the piston to compression... The low shaking you are feeling is the engine jumping between slightly able to get the crankshaft all the way around in a circle... THEN accelerating back down super fast after the explosion goes off.... The flywheel is trying to push the motor around in a circle one way.... RIGHT up until it GETS there, in which case the piston is DRIVEN down violently and the engine is FORCED in a circle the opposite direction....... A light weight flywheel allows for it to accelerate faster and get higher top end RPMS BUT will ALSO allow YOU the rider to FEEL the process of internal combustion happening more easily...... A briggs and stratton will do the same thing if you cut the valve clearance off for compression.. It can be so violent it will sheer flywheel keys and you have to make your own to compensate... :doah:

you have to ride it , it is not stock anymore , i have 2 db30,s one stock 6.5 clone ,and one with your mods , the difference is like night and day , the one with the mods vibrates more at idle , rev it up it levels off .

So i finally took it for its first run after the mods. WOW. I need to change my throttle set up. I have it so thta you turn the throttle 1/4 turn and its full throttle. Id say its a bit touchy. aside from that i am deffinetly getting a billet flywheel. I was going down the road and looked at the tach. it said i was at 4200 rpm but it sounded twice as loud as 3600 rpm. I imagined the flywheel blowing up and decided to take iteasy till i get a new one.

Do you have a Mikuni?

If you do. Then spin the round slide around 180 degrees and make sure it drops inside. It will go in both ways and the left side has the slot...You will feel the difference in the throttle and have more acceleration..

TT

I dont. i have a stock carb but the way its set up its very sensitive. The shaking seems to level out when you get going. However i need to do more tinkering. It feels like its slightly bogginh until higher rpm. Maybe boging isnt the right word. I fel like it could use more fuel possibly. I have a 90 jet right now. Should i go up a size, if yes how much?