Need help, clueless lady here

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a Christmas present for my man who is really into these bikes, but I have no clue where to start or what to look for. He has several different varieties, I'm not even sure what all the models are. I know it would make him extremely happy if I had one to ride with him, so I'd like to give him one that he can fix up for me. I'd like it to be comfy and girly and pretty when he's done (kinda doesn't go with mini bikes too well, does it?) What's the best place to start?

Thank you for any help!

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a Christmas present for my man who is really into these bikes, but I have no clue where to start or what to look for. He has several different varieties, I'm not even sure what all the models are. I know it would make him extremely happy if I had one to ride with him, so I'd like to give him one that he can fix up for me. I'd like it to be comfy and girly and pretty when he's done (kinda doesn't go with mini bikes too well, does it?) What's the best place to start?

Thank you for any help!
Welcome to the site!
Cool you like them also.
Comfy and girly will be best answered by one of our premier members named Buckeye!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

But really, look in Craigslist and post up any links or pictures and we can help you on a purchase.

CL is the best source for old bikes but can be sketchy to deal with some of the sellers, guess you can't take the man so maybe some other male to help you?

you should be in the 100 to 200$ range for a builder.
Look for a runner or complete and they can by altered to your taste!

There are some new models made, what's your man have so we can judge his taste??? Vintage or new????

Welcome to OldMiniBikes...Thats being said, there are many variables when it comes to picking a bike out. Riding expiriance, height and demensions, and preference to looks come into play. A quik suggestion would be to look through the photos and kinda get a good idea of a kind you like. A good chick bike is aways a Rupp..comfort,ridability and can be very nice when restored. But again..tough to say for sure. I am sure he is a member on here..so you cant give a location..but you may find a members close to your location that will give you a heck of a deal. Good luck in your search, Bill

Maybe one of our members from the south has a builder. Otherwise, check Craigslist, keep checking. If you have a friend to go with you to look at them, it is good. I have never had any problems, but I know others have.
Here is what I would look for. A relatively clean frame with decent wheels. Engine, clutch and chain such your husband probably has extra on hand, or can pick them up cheap. Most minibike enthusiasts have an extra motor or 2.

Search your area craigslist and post up any bikes for sale in your area. Members here will be happy to help you find a good deal.

Tell your husband he is a lucky man. My wife won't touch my bikes. She has told me on several occasions that I "look like a retard" with them. Hence the avatar :laugh:

Tell your husband he is a lucky man. My wife won't touch my bikes. She has told me on several occasions that I "look like a retard" with them. Hence the avatar :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Oh may bad..After all this time I just assumed you were really a windowlicker cause of your avatar:lol:
Sorry..back to the topic..:anon.sml:

Thank you all. He likes the vintage bikes mainly, and probably the faster the better, but I'm a beginner, but it will be no fun to ride with him if he winds up miles ahead of me. When you say "clean frame," does that mean no rust or no bends, or both?

buckeye

Aww baby, that is so nice of you.:laugh:

Where ya located? I am in the southeast and would gladly take ya mini bike shopping.:thumbsup:

Naah, where are you? See if we can find ya a bike locally to you!

buckeye

Go to craigslist for sale section in your area.
Type in mini bike. It should give ya some choices.
Also try claz. It will get ya going too.
You could send me a private message and I'll search your area for you.
Hey, I am trying here.:laugh:

Go to craigslist for sale section in your area.
Type in mini bike. It should give ya some choices.
Also try claz. It will get ya going too.
You could send me a private message and I'll search your area for you.
Hey, I am trying here.:laugh:
Pssst:shifty:...she doesnt have enough posts to PM yet. YOU ROOKIE! :laugh:

seems like the south has a small amount of vintage bikes available compared to the rest of the country.

Ebay can also work if the shipping isn't too high.