need opinions about restore and rims

I have 2 70's model mini bikes 1 is in arco in the other is a thunderbird . the wheels on the bird are very thin only about 2 1/2" wide so i can only use thin tires , i dont like thin tires. I'm wondering if it is worth restoring these to original or if i should just chop them up into frankenbikes. i got offered $50 for the front bird rim so I'm guessing its a hard to find part. i only paid $20 for the pair so i know i got a good deal. any opinions on where i should go with these would be appreciat
ed. thank you

gbabins1

That's funny because I bought a Fox a while ago and I have the same issue with the thin tires. The swingarm is not wide enough to add larger tires ( needed for riding off road here in the Florida sand) So I bailed on the Fox for now and started another project.
So I def. feel your pain :crying:

yeah it really sucks because the forks are so narrow that I can't put a bigger room or tire on there and I'm going to put a 6.5 clone engine on it and I don't want to be riding 40 miles an hour on a bicycle tire

Mac

Convert the Bird to a Bicycle.
Restore the Arco.

....and in September load them both on a truck and head for Camarillo.

I have a thunderbird and I have a 350x5 minibike wheel on the back and a harbor freight 350x5 on the front and there is enough clearence for these tires.