Need some help

Your Bike is a Trail Flight. Made by the Manufactures Tool and Die Co. Or better know as MTD. The bike below is owned by my father Wayne on OldMiniBikes. Looks like a trail Hopper in the back ground, and is that a old sportster? Looks like you have some cool stuff! Welcome to OldMiniBikes

Last edited:

MEZ

just the white one is mine, unfortunatly. got it for $50 bucks, i though it was a pretty good deal but not sure since its my first mini. anyone else got any info on this bike to confirm it? that does look like it though Randy, but whats up with the different forks? just a different year than in the pic?

also, does anyone have any info on a torque converter? thought i would ask lol

just the white one is mine, unfortunatly. got it for $50 bucks, i though it was a pretty good deal but not sure since its my first mini. anyone else got any info on this bike to confirm it? that does look like it though Randy, but whats up with the different forks? just a different year than in the pic?

also, does anyone have any info on a torque converter? thought i would ask lol
There where minor changes through time. MTD made the bikes and they where marketed through different outlets.

do you have a pic of the other side of the white bike? or a close up pic of the orange bike sprocket?
Geo. Are you thinking it looks like the Bonanza type? W/ the Square Cir.

What it is; is the shock mount is unbolted from the wheel. If that plate was through the axle it would move the shock forward. I believe.
Dads rear wheel was flipped and some one ran the chain straight to the rear wheel because of clutch problems. Normally the sprocket would be on the right side.

It actually looks like someone straightened the lower forks on the white one. They need that bend to get the geometry right. Otherwise the front end is going to bounce like a dribbling basketball.

The orange bike is correct.. The white one has been altered. That's why the orange one works and the white one is all stiff armed... I HAVE the front forks you need to make the front end right again... It's a bike I gutted on Evilbay. (Firestone) made by MTD.. The shocks and rockers and stuff were all missing when I got it, but the lower forks and triple tree area is all nice and unmolested. I would sell them to you and ship them to ya. I am in Michigan and would guess shipping at maybe like 15 bucks for 1'2 way cross the country from MI. They shouldn't be very heavy for just that lower main fork piece... :thumbsup:

PS... I just wrote you about having your front end you need.. I also still have a nice set of plastic swingarm bushings and clamps, swing arm, and a decent chrome grab bar for the back still, if you need them. Those torque drive units will rust and corrode.. but if the aluminum is not pitted or broken, they can normally be soaked for a while in mineral spirits or something and get the stuff broken free enough to tear it down and go through it. The drivers are available about any mini bike go kart joint, Evilbay, lots of places. Yes, the bike IS an MTD, they were sold under several names though. Mine was a Firestone.. MTD makes almost ALL riding mowers anymore. John Deere to Yard Machines, ALL the exact same tractor with different hood and dash board and paint. That's how MTD rolls... Sorta monopolizing the world. :censure: But yeah hell 50 bucks for any full suspension roller is never a bad buy... I got close to that for that same jack shaft out of mine on Evilbay and that thing was major crispy.. :hammer:

HAHA!! PPS.. I have a buddy with a HELL of a nice Trail Hopper parts bike like the one in the back ground. It has that side cover that is missing I think.. what's the story on that bike? Does it run? We found that it is VERY difficult to order rebuild parts for that bike. If you call the Suzuki shop and say I need RINGS for a Suzuki MT50 Trail Hopper... they tell you... Neeeeever heard of it.. Rings are probably the same as any 50 CC Suzuki of the era, but other parts might be a real beoch...

MEZ

thanks guys. lots of help on here :punk: to Richs and Kid about your parts, i dont have the bike yet becase its like 6 hours away and he dosent want to ship it cuz of the cost??? i dunno just what he said. but ya let me get the bike and take a look at it and see what all i need to do to it.

and again, thanks for all the help :drinkup: