Need to fill holes in shroud

Bryce, I usually use JB Weld. The regular type, not the Kwik Setting one. You'll want to place a piece of flexible plastic behind the hole along with a small block of wood that follows the contour of the shroud. Roughen the edges of the hole with a coarse file and clean the area with acetone or lacquer thinner to remove all traces of grease. Apply the JB sparingly in the hole. Just enough so that it will just fill the hole when you apply a second piece of flexible plastic on top and press it down. You don't want it squishing out all over the surrounding area. Place another piece of wood on top of this second piece of plastic and clamp it down. After it sets for 24 hours you can just disassemble everything and sand it smooth. JB is a bit porous so you may need to apply a thin coat of finishing body filler to get a nice smooth finish. Then just prime and paint. Ogy

capguncowboy

I was going to suggest using JB weld to put something behind the hole, then use Bondo on the front side, but Ogy always has a great answer for everything

Since I don't have a welder and I usually urethane my shrouds, I take a piece of aluminum duct foil tape and cover the hole(usually the gas line or primer bulb), then I mix up a little patch of fiberglass and resin. Sometimes I need bondo, sometimes I don't.

Dicey situation using PC over JB weld. One of the PC guys from Texas on here did that for another member. He got it done, but spent a long time dealing with outgassing from the JB weld at temperature. (The same stuff Ogy refers to, not the quick set) JB supposedly works to 500F, and the PC oven is slightly lower usually. But you get bubbles and have to do it all over again.

Braze is a safe bet for PC applications. Surprised Ogy didn't say that in his response, because he is a very skilled gas welder.