new guy from texas

Hello! My name is Jim and I'm a go kart nut. Been keeping my eyes out for a mini bike to fix up, and low and behold.... A Roper fell into my lap. This is more than I think I want to tackle, as I don't think I could restore it correctly. Its in really great shape though, so I'm on the fence. Was looking at getting a new 2 speed set up from blackwidow , but don't think they're available yet. I just wanted to stop by and say hi. Gonna look around to see if I want to tackle the restoration or just sell it. Maybe just stash it away.....
Here are some pics..... Hope you enjoy! IMG_20150212_202150.jpg IMG_20150212_202205.jpg IMG_20150212_202228.jpg IMG_20150212_202256.jpg IMG_20150212_202417.jpg

Hey firemanjim! Welcome to OldMiniBikes brother. Yea you got some work cut out on that roper, I wouldn't know where to begin but a lotta guys here do. Absolutely check out the project logs, some real miracle workers there man, get that puppy did up right:thumbsup:

Last edited:
OK ,well I decided to fix it up. RMM727 (?) Ryan is gonna make a bracket for the 2 speed I just got. Waiting for the engine clutch to come in now. For now, I'll use a predator 212, but will switch to a period correct engine of some sorts. Looking at an old 2 stroke 3hp tec engine. Mini bikes should be LOUD..... LOL I'll start a build thread, once I've accumulated all the parts,but at this rate, that won't be long. I think I just need some bearings and a back wheel. I have a 4" and 5" Manco split aluminum rims laying around. Could I use those? The drive tire currently has a 10.5" tall slick on it. The other tire is only 9.5" tall.