New guy from the Motor City

PGjim

Hello all, very new to the mini bike scene. Came across this website and seems allot of you guys have the same interest. Was searching Craigslist and came across what seems to be a Sears Spyder....picked it up for $200. Welded a new seat post on it and put a bicycle sissy bar on it to get rideable. I don't think it has the correct motor on it, cause its got a B&S on it now but seems to have the original seat and original Goodyear tire on the front. Any info you guys could give me is very helpful.
Thank you in advance.
Jim

jrzmac

Hello all, very new to the mini bike scene. Came across this website and seems allot of you guys have the same interest. Was searching Craigslist and came across what seems to be a Sears Spyder....picked it up for $200. Welded a new seat post on it and put a bicycle sissy bar on it to get rideable. I don't think it has the correct motor on it, cause its got a B&S on it now but seems to have the original seat and original Goodyear tire on the front. Any info you guys could give me is very helpful.
Thank you in advance.
Jim
I think you're right about it being a Sears Spyder.

also, the engine thats on the bike right now, is the muffler on the right or left? I cant really tell.......

PGjim

No it doesn't have a wire in the front of the motor,it does have a cut out where an electric quarter was, so it is probably from a rototiller, ill try to get more pics of it