New here - just bought a Caper Cycle

Hello all! Just picked up my first mini bike at the Monroe, WA swap meet, it's a caper cycle and I'm guessing its a Kingfisher? I don't know what the year of manufacture is or even the years they started and stopped production. I'd love to find out more about mine if anyone has info on it. I read a few threads on this forum but, I'd like to learn a bit more. My plan is to restore it to as close to original as possible and ride it! I'm not sure how to post a picture so if it turns out upside down or huge or itty bitty my apologies in advance:001_tongue: 20161008_100501.jpg

Attachments

Welcome and awesome find! Oldsalt used to be the resident Caper guy but he hasn't been on in quite some time. You could try a PM to him possibly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markus

Nice find!!! I am working on an earlier falcon currently. The larger frame like yours started around 1962, I dunno how long they built them from there, but you done see much past the 1962 articles on them. The way your handlebars are though that may indicate a late change as its something not seen unless you can see where it was scabbed in/owner modded or something. They are pretty "rough" built overall though.

here's the one I am starting on, its a 60-61 from what I can tell, 5" wheels and was designed with a 2 stroke in mind, They went bigger and notched the toprails on bikes like yours for more engine choices and make a little more versatile. My frame is #524 (stamped on the underside of the engine plate as James stated)

Good luck with yours, another recently new member found a full on Trail modded kingfisher recently as well, I think the thread was in the "what is it" section.

Welcome Karipoo to the best place to relive the past for so many of us. Your mini bike didn't roam far from home as they were made in Walla Walla, Washington . Your bike looks very good and you are lucky to find one so nice.

Steve