New Member from Alabama - Restoring Rupp C-350

da0023

Greetings,

New Member from North Alabama.

I've recently been commissioned by my Aunt to get her husband's Rupp C-350 on the road again & surprise him with it at his upcoming 60th birthday. It will also be used by the grandkids and nieces/nephews at family gatherings.

The bike has been sitting in their basement for the past 2 decades and hasn't been ran since the 70's. Luckily the bike still has all of its components(from what I can tell) & seems to be in pretty fair condition considering it's age. So far I have removed the engine from the frame & I'm currently in tear down phase of the project. The H35 engine still spins freely and the internal looks good. Most of the gaskets in the motor are past gone and the carb is due for a rebuild.

I've also already ran into a few issues with a broken clutch assembly and a seized flywheel that I will need assistance from you members on resolving. I will post those requests tonight. The frame & wheels will be going out tomorrow to friend who has a blaster to clean up them up in preparation for fresh paint.

Anyhow, just wanted to drop a line & introduced myself. Can't wait to meet some of you current members and get a dose of the vast knowledge that I hope is present here.

Cheers,
Drew from Bama

Attachments

Greetings..welcome..that Rupp looks well ridden..there are many people here that can be very helpful and would love to see it restored..good luck

buckeye

I'don't like to hear the story of who and how those forks got bent so bad.

Welcome fellow Alabamian.

What a neat thing to do. He will be one happy man.
Funny how these things embed in your heart.

Just about as far away in the state as you can get.
Fairhope here.

da0023

I'don't like to hear the story of who and how those forks got bent so bad.

Welcome fellow Alabamian.

What a neat thing to do. He will be one happy man.
Funny how these things embed in your heart.

Just about as far away in the state as you can get.
Fairhope here.
I didn't notice the forks until now! Yea-that's definitely some negative rake.

I can't wait until I get the story behind that incident. I'll be sure to relay the details once I have them.