New Plans

Well my dad owns a sheet metal shop and has access to everything, can do anything he wants, so he says the this week we'll go over there and do some work on my Doodlebug (I have to go with him becuase I'm only 13 and can't drive) . I would like to put up some sort of metal guard behind the front wheel on the frame to keep crap from getting up into the engine, in fact I have made a temporary one of these that I had for a while but eventually took off, and it helped A LOT. I also want to see if there is some way to weld a small metal box onto it, like on the back of the DB, maybe on the little U shaped bar? The last thing we hope to do is make a larger, better gas tank wit a better cap, so it won't leak and I can have more gas for longer trips when we ride in Maine. :thumbsup:

And tomorrow morning we are going to the hardware store to buy some stuff and put in a seat suspension, if we can. Do those suspensions under the seat make all that much of a difference, though?

And possibly in the future we will buy a bigger engine, but my dad says I got to get my brakes working better (they pretty much suck now) before I add any more power.

Last edited:
Sounds like you have a COOL Dad! And you are very lucky to have a metal shop to work in! I do all my welding at my dads house. Thats where all my welding stuff is at, I don't even have a garage, just a shed. The most important feature on ANY vehicle is the brakes. So your dad is a smart man about getting those fixed for you. Be sure to post some pictures before and after of your ride!