new project kart

Just picked up this Bug Stinger for 100.00. Already ordered a new seat pad and going to put my mc49 on it, get it running ,then tear down repaint and detail.

delray

thats really cool kart.....:thumbsup: you can really see the turning point of when karts started to have more mods done with the off set site and side mount engine.

Got my seat pad and rebuilding the brakes. Engine just sitting there, waiting on correct mount. Test ride next week, then complete teardown, paint.

man, awesome kart. I wish i could snag something that snazzy for $100

I like the mac too, im working on a few saw conversions

I cant watch the video due to very limited internet allowance, how does the mc49 do on the kart? I wasnt sure if i was gonna use them on my sidewinders or a couple minibike or some projects. wondering if you could describe it for me.

I built one for my dad but we dont have a kart for it yet and but looking and im about to wrap a couple converssions up here shortly, :( need to buy a couple manifolds to complete them.

let me know if you might have one for sale

sorry, none for sale. Ive been looking for another mc 49 for a long time, just cant see spending the money there going for now. I paid 25 bucks for the engine in the early 80's, its been on my mini bikes ,other karts ,and even on a tricycle and it still runs good. I cant really describe how it runs, I guess about the same as a 5hp briggs or a clone engine, I think they were only 4 to 6 hp new.

sorry, none for sale. Ive been looking for another mc 49 for a long time, just cant see spending the money there going for now. I paid 25 bucks for the engine in the early 80's, its been on my mini bikes ,other karts ,and even on a tricycle and it still runs good. I cant really describe how it runs, I guess about the same as a 5hp briggs or a clone engine, I think they were only 4 to 6 hp new.
I think your right about the briggs, at least thats what i hear. I have yet to actually run with one.

I was gonna bolt one to a minibike project im working on. I nearly have the frame ready to start putting a bike together. it "was" an old scat cat , which happens to be made in taiwan so im not too worried about doing a little cutting or fabbing on it. wanted to put it on my 69 fox spoiler but it would require some cutting to make work with the mac, or just more skill and know how, which i dont have yet

I am hoping that some kart parts im adding will give it nice power for a minibike. i scored a nice carb and manifold