New to me Montgomery Ward

So it looks like I am the proud new owner do an Arco Bushwacker sold by Montgomery Ward. This is quite ironic as my mom owned a Montgomery Ward store for many, many years in the 70's & 80's. that was a total blast for me as a teen. My little sister grew up in the back of the store. Literally.
I remember looking through the Wards catalog often stopping at the mini bike section and dreaming of owning one. I eventually ended up with a '77 Honda XR75 that endured my abuse for many years until the motor could take no more.

So now I am 46 and picked up this beauty, albeit prematurely, for our grandchildren, and maybe me too.

I love the forums on the world wide web. Who'd a thunk there would be a mini bike forum. This forum is packed with info and knowledgeable enthusiasts! Thank you to the creator(s).

Rusty Bumper

Last edited:
That's a sweet looking mini. I remember Ward's older bikes from the early seventies. We had our bikes in the Upper Peninsula in Black River where we rented cabins along US-2. We could ride our minis on the beach, and it was a total blast. Another guy renting a cabin by ours had a black Ward's 5hp with a 2 speed transmission. Unfortunately, we couldn't get the darn thing running. Always wondered about that one. Looked like it would have been fun.